Wish list?

I'd rather call them path invention issues.

Traffic jam syndrome. Always been a problem but I think it's highlighted more in CMMG (and rightly so!). I appreciate it's a narrow road in parts to Arnhem but would be great if the tank in front becomes bogged/imobilised/destroyed doesn't cause everyone else following behind them to lose about 100 IQ points and start scattering in every direction to get around the obstacle. Last night I saw a Sherman decide driving straight into a muddy ditch was a good idea. :( Keeping good spacing is a good bit of planning on the part of the player but in WEGO a minute is a long time... :rolleyes:

My 'player' brain thinks simply cancelling a move order that becomes no longer possible would be a better idea - let the player implement the Plan B. But I'm guessing that's a programming nightmare. :P

My 'player' brain thinks simply cancelling a move order that becomes no longer possible would be a better idea - let the player implement the Plan B. But I'm guessing that's a programming nightmare. :P

Yes, some of us were saying that since the first day of CMSF.

It is one of those piece of code in CM that would improve the game if simply turned off.

Maybe not as unrealistic as we think. They happened. Some posters sigh for a Follow command in which vehicles follow each other at neat 50m intervals.

Not the way it's done in CM with showing the AFV's ass to the enemy.

A plain jam would be quite an improvement, aka just stop on the road and wait until the player says something else or the vehicle in front moves.

Not the way it's done in CM with showing the AFV's ass to the enemy.

A plain jam would be quite an improvement, aka just stop on the road and wait until the player says something else or the vehicle in front moves.

Foolish me! I hadn't realized BF had enabled voice commands! Gotta to remember to patch up.

Foolish me! I hadn't realized BF had enabled voice commands! Gotta to remember to patch up.

Yes but Ive also had numerous instances of vehicles behaving rather erraticly that in Real Life Im sure they wouldn't. A traffic Jam would be acceptable but when your vehicle suddenly reverses towards the enemy then Id say that's pretty bizarre.

Voice control would be pretty good, Im sure the wife would wonder what I was muttering about though.

Two good stories from Normandy I like: German officers returning from leave in Paris got lost and drove through both German and British front lines, ending up 'in the bag' somewhere in the British rear areas. A British FO party in a Bren carrier drove down the wrong side of Hill 112 during the night of 5 DCLI's attack, into the heart of II SS Pzkps, driving past the regimental command posts of 20th and 21st Pzgrs. before driving back through the German front line to safety in Eterville.

In the confusion of battle I don't think it is that unusual for drivers to make mistakes as to the direction they are facing.

It could happen in peacetime too. My brother was stationed in Germany in 1955 and returning from leave one night he got lost. He pulled into a small town and noticed that there was a cafe open. As it was a cold night, he stopped and went in and ordered a bowl of soup. After he had been served, he happened to glance out the window and noticed a big poster of Lenin on the wall of a building across the street. He finished his soup in a hurry, got back on his motorcycle and was somehow able to recross the border without further incident.

Michael