AstroCat's Sound Mod Compilation v1

AstroCat

I also sometimes have this problem with the vehicle engine sounds playing back very quiet. Toggling the sound off and back on (ALT + S) restores the sound to a normal level, at least temporarily.

I know I've had it happen with my own mod, which does not include engine sounds, so I don't think it has anything to do with the modded file. Frankly, it might happen without mods, too, but it's been ages since I've played without a sound mod loaded.

I suspect it might have something to do with multiple sources of the loop initiating simultaneously, and might get worse if the file is larger than stock. Kind of a unique characteristic of the vehicle idle loops.

I think this is simply when there is too much sound going on.

I have had this happen when using many vehicles at once or in the middle of heavy battles.

It might be because most of our modded sounds are longer (not larger, longer) than the vanilla ones are, so at any one time there are more sounds playing at the same time than the game is designed to do.

thats my theory anyway.

@Oddball_E8 - Go ahead this mod is for everyone to have fun with. (just throw my name in the credits somewhere)

@Fuser - Thanks! :)

I have an update package put together based on the above comments. I am going to wait just a bit longer and see if anything else comes up. If nothing does I'll post the update over at Green Jades. If I add enough new stuff I'll make a full version 2.

If you want the update now, here it is below. Just replace the old sounds with these new ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nmj8njli9razlt8/AstroCat_Sound_Mod_Comp_update1.rar

• 4 months later...