Manual: time for an upgrade?

With the ever increasing list of patches and upgrades, often bringing fairly major changes as well as more subtle ones, it is becoming increasingly difficult to figure out what is what in some areas of the game/engine, for me at least; especially as at any given time the engines for FI/GL are not always in sync with BN.

I would think that having to plough through the manual in conjunction with various read-me's would be a an off-putting proposition for any new players and not much fun for existing ones.

I appreciate that time-is-money etc. but would it not be possible to at least update the PDF manual as changes are introduced much as the equally small company HPS Sims manage to do?

I have noticed that, quite often, queries are raised in relation to some potentially altered feature and even the Devs cannot remember if and when a change was made.

MG, in particular, has rendered quite a few sections in the printed Game Engine Manual Ver 2.00 obsolete and while we can't realistically expect that to be altered each time, having digital corrections would be greatly appreciated - again, by me at least.

There are also some areas that are not covered at all in the manual; as I have discovered looking for information on placing and re-orienting trenches. As this game grows and becomes progressively more complex and realistic (and yeah to that!), the need to be able to more easily find information on how it works becomes increasingly more important, IMO.

I suppose you mean a comprehensive updated single manual rather than the smaller new module manuals. I'd certainly be for that! I'd also like to see the manual changes highlighted in certain colors according to when the changes were implemented (i.e. green for Commonwealth, Blue for 2.0 upgrade, Red for Market Garden, etc...)