My Xmas Wish

Guest Pham

Dear BTS,

Instead of the usual crap I get for Christmas, I would like the following included in CM:

Full 3dfx support

Dynamic Lighting

DEAD BODIES and lots of them

Deformable terrain

The ability to play it like a FPS or RTS as the mood strikes me.

Dead Bodies(I can't stress this enough)

Rocket Tanks!

Tactical Nuclear weapons that don't unbalance the game.

The ability to take one company from Overlord to Berlin in a fully dynamic campaign mode and get them experience points that I can spend on new units and research on things like Telsa Coils.

Non-Encrypted PBEM files that work on the "honor" system

Cyborgs

Bob Hope

I've done the math on my Wizard Tip Calculator and have concluded that you could add all this stuff and still get the game to my door by Dec. 25th. If it can't be finished and delievered by the end of December due to general slacking on your part please cancel my order. I will be too busy with my flying car and ray guns that are being passed out on Jan 1st 2000("The Future") to use your simulator. Either that or I'll be too busy fighting off the hordes of risen dead and generally dealing with all that end times stuff.

Thanks, and also add some free time as I don't have enough of that...

Telsa Coils? Is that some hot woman in the office Pham.. ( I know you mean Tesla Coils but I just couldn't resist wink.gif ).

Ps. Pick up 5 bonus points if you know what a tesla coil is (ex-physics students of the world unite.., Dyslexics of the worlds untie hehe (no offence to any dyslexics out there ) ).

Also, I don't understand your asking for Cyborgs twice? I mean you say Cyborgs and then immediately below you ask for Bob Hope..> C'mon Pham you KNOW no-one can live that long with some sort of cybernetic implants wink.gif (BTW ANY human with a pacemaker or mechanical heart is, strictly speaking a cyborg so I'm actually scientifically correct in calling him a cyborg wink.gif ).

Pham,

As regards the end of times.. Didn't you know that Steve "Beelzebub" Grammont has actually cooked this all up to tease you all to death ?

Man, the things he can do with paintshop to make mockups of tanks etc are amazing wink.gif. None of this was real... You may wake up now wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

The Tesla Coil was the first practical electrical battery, right? Nicola Tesla was the guy who also built the "lightning cage." Basically a giant electrically grounded birdcage, with a seat in the middle that was insulated/separated from the cage structure itself. Tesla placed an arc-discharge system above the cage and would sit in the seat while throwing several zillion volts from the arc-discharge down the cage structure; basically, he was hitting the thing with lightning. There's a famous picture of Tesla sitting inside this thing while what looks like Hell itself lights up the cage structure....eerie and creepy and friggin cool.

DjB

ps Am I right? Instead of the 5 points, can I be a new scenario tester? I'm thmart, and I write well, and I like playing CM a LOT.

Doug,

Umm,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm thmart and I write well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL... wink.gif. It'd be even funnier if it had been "I'm thmart and I speel real gud" (but only marginally so wink.gif )

You get 5 points redeemable at CMHQ wink.gif.

For five points you get to ask for a picture. Describe it here and I'll see what I can do for you wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

How about a picture of me playing the full version of CM, or even the version that you're scenario-testing on?

Actually, if you're going to make a CM picture and post it, why not create a shot of 3 or 4 German tanks (Panthers, or JpzIV/70s) sitting hull-down atop a low ridge, overlooking a river valley/crossroads littered with Allied vehicles. I think such a "classic German tank image" would go over very well.

Or you could even make a movie or two like this and have Matt post them!

DjB

"How about a picture of me playing the full version of CM, or even the version that you're scenario-testing on?"

smile.gif

That answer was inspired. My hat goes off to you.

Guest Madmatt

COUGH COUGH

DING.... ummm Doug? Your order is ready!

Doug and everyone else, please return your seats to their full upright and locked postions as we on our final approach to CMHQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Madmatt out...Top a 'da World Ma! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-18-99).]

Is that red targeting line a broken(dotted) line, or is it just being intersected by ground? Also, is it my imagination or does the line follow the ground heights rather than tunnel through elevations like in the demo?