Scenario: Last Defense

I think I found the solution to those damn M18s. In my last game I stayed away from them (I mean my armor) about 900 - 1000m. They were able to get my Stugs but not my Tiger. They were destroyed one by one by the Tiger...pretty satisfying I can tall you. Then I got over confident and moved my Tiger close where it got killed from side by Bazooka. That was so stupid of me to move like that, I felt like hitting my head with a baseball stick ! Also due to some assaults which costed me dearly I ended up with minor loss. I controled 47% of the battlefield and Allies 53%, though they had 20 men more casualites. I have lost 4 vehicles 3 armor and 1 HT. Allies lost 3 vehicles - 3 M18s. This was so far my 3rd go for this scenario and my best score so far. I don't think I have ever had som much fun in a demo, any demo.

The damn 105mm artillery is not really that much effective, or at least I didn't notice yet. In my previous games it did destroyed 2 M18s though. 81mm mortars on the other hand are a bit more successful as I noticed.

Let's try it again, shall we ? smile.gif

Peter

PS: I think this is the best way to learn.

A quick check on the Tiger stats... mmm... 100 mm frontal armor...mmm... a quick check on the M18... can penetrate 101mm at 0 degrees and 1000m... mmm... keep the Tiger out of 1000m and you can increase survivability...mmm... not 100% of course (there are always weak spots), but just enough to make a difference smile.gif

Don't forget tht those M18 TDs have HVAP rounds which can go through 200mm+ at those ranges. Even beyond 1000 metres they'll simply use HVAP against you. of course they only have 4 or 5 rounds of it so if you can survive those first few rounds you should be ok

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Hey, I have a question about those M18s. Do they start the game in play, or are they reinforcements? I'm gonna play the scen as Germans for a while and see what different tactics bring.

If the M18s aren't there right away, I can try to get my armor into good fire positions FAST, and wait for those damn TDs to show up. The first 2 times I played it I think the M18s were able to get to good positions first; I advanced too slowly.

DjB