Scottish Corridor: major problem.

(Originally posted in tech forum prior to second attempt)

Not sure if this is engine related or campaign specific.

I have just finished scenario 9 (The Odon Bridges) with a Total Victory. German forces surrendered with around 12 minutes to go, I think.

Automatic save screen, then onto loading the next scenario.

I'm almost certain that the loading screen got to 29% but when I looked again it seemed to have gone back to 15% - where it stayed. After three or four minutes I decided to pull the plug with a Ctrl/Alt/Del.

Nothing much seemed to happen, then suddenly up pops the Briefing screen.

I read it and then clicked on the tactical screen and map and got:

post-5456-141867624788_thumb.jpg

post-5456-141867624789_thumb.jpg

(Sorry about the small screenies; how do you make the appear larger?)

I have now replayed from the previous good save (30 mins, a lot of repeated turns !)) and achieved the same victory, although this time the game carried on to the end of the time +10.

But although the new scenario loaded up, it did so very, very quickly this time but with exactly the same result; partially blacked-out mission screen and then a weird blank map with no units floating in space.

So my campaign has ended prematurely.

I have all the relevant save game files.

Hi James

This sounds like a coding issue and there's nothing I can do about that.:( Sorry. Since most of the feedback I've had from the community about this campaign is about Crescendo of Doom, mission 13 I believe, I think most folks have been able to get through without any problems.

Anyway, I see that BFC have announced that MG is available for pre-orders now. :cool: This means that work on my current campaign will finish in a few weeks and I'll be able to finish revising this campaign. Perhaps a fresh build will solve the problem for you.

• 2 months later...

I have retried this using 2.11 and replaying the previous scenario from scratch but I get the exact same result:

The loading screen for the next scenario gets to 15% then stops; the game crashes to desktop and the resultant file is the same as I originally described above.

Of course this is continued from a older build pre MG, whatever that was, so the genesis for it's failure may simply be embedded in the save file.

If indeed it is a coding issue, as suggested by Paper Tiger, then I am not sure that a revision on his part will fix it and perhaps it is something that could be looked into.

The campaign is a fairly significant element of CMBN:CW and playing any campaign is a hefty investment in time, so I am loath to restart it from scratch, especially as I might only get a repeat performance.

Should I raise this as an issue on the tech forum?