Operation Goals

How far should you drive on a map during an operation? In other words, if you are wiping the opponent out and have reached the opposite end of the map in battle 2 out of 6, should you plot waypoints OFF of the map in preparation for the next battle and the continuation of the "drive" on your goal (the other end of the contiguous map)? Or should you just sit tight on the map's edge and wait for the beginning of the next battle? The manual isn't clear on this as far as I can tell unless I've missed something.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't drive off the map. You'll probably lose the units and they won't influence the starting line any more than if they were sitting on the edge. Just hang out at the edge and clean up any remaining pockets.

I wish I had reason to ask this question once in a while.

Thanks, Slappy. Actually, I was asking on behalf of a friend who steam-rollered Me!! I hammered him in the opening battle of the CMBO "Mortain" Operation. However, he returned the favor in the last (2nd) battle and wanted to know if he should just "keep on advancing" (i.e., off the map). Now I know the answer. THANKS!