I can't take it anymore...

Finding this page is the worst thing that ever happened to me. I even reloaded Tigers on the Prowl II (which i think has the best game engine i have found for that type game to date) and have been playing it. It's just that I read this Forum and I cant wait to get my hands on this game. Yesterday I broke down and bought Close Combat III and actually it kind of fun, but I know it's not going to stack up to CM. I'm so ashamed..... how much longer will it be?

Guest Big Time Software

Ah, sorry about all this smile.gif We should go Beta before the end of the month. After that... only time will tell. I can tell you that of all the games I have worked on in my 6 years, this is the first Alpha I have ever played that is really truely ready for Beta testing. Most are put into testing while in an Alpha state, with the Producer slapping a "Beta" title on it. This means that either the Beta cycle drags on for a LONG time (I can think of one game that is measured in years!) or the game is released before it is ready. Combat Mission, OTOH, should pretty much only need polish, number tweaking, and minor bug fixing. We expect our Beta cycle to be shorter than most, but yield a MUCH better end result.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

We will most likely release a demo earlier than we expected. Probably a couple of weeks into Beta testing, but several weeks earlier than we had planned on releasing a demo. This should make you all happy smile.gif

What we release first will be a "Beta Demo" for sure, so it won't have multi-player support other than PBEM. Other than that it will allow you to play a full scenario.

When we go Gold we will release a new Demo that will be "final" quality. That will have full multi-player support and anything else that was missing in the first Demo.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We will most likely release a demo earlier than we expected. Probably a couple of weeks into

Beta testing, but several weeks earlier than we had planned on releasing a demo. This should

make you all happy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we can expect the beta demo in two weeks? wink.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Well, can't say about getting it to you before your birthday, but the demo timeframe is about right smile.gif

Steve

Forgot to ask in previous post...

will the demo be publicly available? Will the people who have pre-ordered CM get the demo first/faster/whatever?

Just curious. I'll probably preorder this weekend, just in case you guys start working non-stop and release the game next week.

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

I think we will give a heads up along with a better guess as to when we will ship. This should be after the Beta has been pounded on, but before the Demo goes out.

Steve

Yup. I also file my taxes at 11:59 pm on April 14th and I was the 2nd to last person in the world to see Phantom Menace.

I'm irresponsible and prone to procrastination.

And proud of it.

BTS, when you release the demo, you're going to want us to fiddle around with it and do goofy stuff and try to make it fail, right? That's what I conceive of a beta test to be like.

DjB

Along with Doug's question. If there is anything that you guys specifically want us to "demo the heck out of" then just let us know. I think you will have all the help you need and then some. I'm thinking like if you need alot of people to check out the head to head, or play by email features, or maybe build some quicky user made scenarios to make sure the scenario editor has been put through its paces (not sure if this is going to be in the demo version, but it sure would be nice), etc. Whatever would help you guys to help build us a better game prior to initial release.

Mike D

aka Mikester

I have goose bumps!! I'm with Mike, Doug and the rest of the clan. Let us know when that beta puppy is available and we will stress the s--- out of it, lol smile.gif.

You guys are awesome. This has been better than any Christmas I remember waiting for as a kid. And I have not even opened the presents yet!!

Thanks for all you do and let us know how we can help.

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.

Guest Big Time Software

We will be looking for any and all feedback about anything wink.gif The demo will be REALLY solid in terms of stability (Charles averages about 1 crash bug a week, which is fixed within minutes of being found) and we have already done a lot of tweaking to the game mechanics and values. Plus we will have about a week or two of Beta testing fixes in. So basically, the game SHOULD be all set.

One of the things we will be keeping a close eye on is compatability. We have never made a 3D game before, so although everything has worked out well so far, you never know wink.gif

Steve