Another Pair of Questions

So, I just finished the Strength & Faith scenario in CM:SF. Good times were had; when the sun set and the timer hit zero I had bagged a tactical victory.

A couple of hard lessons were learned: mostly common sense, such as make sure you have a building suppressed before engaging. I lost two entire squads because a window wasn't covered.

But it wasn't a complete loss. I had a bit of trouble taking two buildings that were mutually supporting each other, but I managed to suppress both with HE tank rounds and AK fire while some infantry assaulted and took the positions, slaughtering the opposing platoon without a casualty. That was when I knew I was doing things right.

Anyway, here's the questions: how are you supposed to clear a building when you cannot suppress it? If it is walled off, so you cannot aim at the bottom floor? Also, does firing into the top floor have any effect on the bottom? There were so many buildings that I couldn't engage properly, and my infantry paid buckets of blood everytime they entered a building that wasn't suppressed.

(Sorry about the novel, just wanted to share the result with somebody.)

Thanks in advance.

Anyway, here's the questions: how are you supposed to clear a building when you cannot suppress it? If it is walled off, so you cannot aim at the bottom floor? Also, does firing into the top floor have any effect on the bottom? There were so many buildings that I couldn't engage properly, and my infantry paid buckets of blood everytime they entered a building that wasn't suppressed.

If you can not surpress it? Destroy it with artillery or aircraft.

If it is walled off, you can destroy the walls with tank fire (a close hit will do the job). Another good tip for MOUT operations: use your tanks to create entrance points into buildings if the doors are loctated at places you dont want to go (like around that corner that is covered by a sniper, for example) Google "mouse holing" for additional info on where to blow holes into buildings.

Firing on the top floor can have an effect on the lower floor, but not necessarily. Sometimes you soldiers fire is so inaccurate that they hit both floors, especially at longer rages.

BTW i just read that you had a tank in that scenario - in general, the best way to clear bildings is to pump them full of HE fire if you have a tank. Why risk the lifes of your infantry men by sending them in to close assault an enemy in a building when a couple of HE rounds can clear that building too? Ideally your infantry shouldnt do much more than confirm the kills the tank made when they enter the building IMO, at least in that specific situation you described. AGLs/shoulder launched missiles are also great for clearing buildings from the outside.