Incorrect unit description

I am playing Gustav line and have been noticing that the unit type is incorrect, both vehicles and soldiers. They simply don't match the unit I clicked. In fact, they seem to be from another game like SF. Sometimes, I saw the word IED, technician, and for art only or something like that. I have searched the forum and have not seen any thread about that. Am I the only one or did I do something wrong?

I have Mods for Fortress Italy, but not for Gustav Line. I guess they are interchangeably used. How do I go about deleting the mods, I believe I have replaced the originals that come with the game with the mods when I unzipped them? Do you mean the Z folder?

C2yeung,

When you patch or install a new module etc, always make sure to move your z folder content somewhere else. When the installation is finished you can put it back in and things will work as intended. Watch out for veins animated text as that mods needs to be updated to work with a new version. Most of all other mods will work without any update.

Thanks Fizou and Kane:

If I understand you correctly, the proper procedure is to :

1. Download and save the mods files say on the desktop.

2. unzip(INSTALL) the mods into game directory, I believe USER DATA folder. The Z folder should be empty at that time.

3. After installation, copy and paste the zipped mods files to the Z folder.

This sounds like exactly what happens when using an older version of Vin's animated text.

I believe there's a newer, GL-compatible version in the repository.

Thanks Martyr:

I don't think I have installed Vin's older version, so it should not affect the unit information display. Do you know of any other mods that may affect that? Anyway, I will try to install Vin's updated version to see if it remedies the problem.

C2yeung,

When you patch or install a new module etc, always make sure to move your z folder content somewhere else. When the installation is finished you can put it back in and things will work as intended.

Nope. Incompatible mods will remain incompatible. Removing mods temporarily during installation has no effect.

The corrupted text issue can also be a sign of an installation problem.

Nope. Incompatible mods will remain incompatible. Removing mods temporarily during installation has no effect.

The corrupted text issue can also be a sign of an installation problem.

Maybe I was a bit unclear. Im aware that incompatible mods wont start working without an update to the mod in question. But there are comparatively few mods that become incompatible when a new patch or module is released for a CMx2 base game. Veins animated text the one that comes to mind.

Keeping mods in the z folder during installation of a new module might leed to a corrupt installation that will show wrong text in game.

C2yeung,

Install your mods as usual but once you are about to install a new module or patch to the cmx2 base game, move the z folder to another location, like the desktop. When the installation is complete you can put the z folder back in. Still you have to be aware that some mods wont work because they have vecome incompatible with the new version of the cmx2 game. As mentioned these mods are not that many.

Your choices:

= reinstall (overwriting) as suggested, above.

= open a ticket with the help desk (read the "Known Issues": this is one of them).

= do nothing and hope that you get modern weapons in your next battle with which you can rule the battlefield! <- THAT is just a joke. :)

Martyr:

I have installed Vin's updated text mod and it has fixed the problem. However, it needs some getting used to as the units's description is in symbol, not words. They look cool.

Once you get used to the symbols, it's excellent. Parsing images is quicker than parsing text, particularly when it's so small.