Finnish winter casualties???

Currently in January 1942 and my Finnish units fighting near Petrozavodsk are taking casualties from the winter. If you look historically at the Finnish army, they were even more prepared for the winter than the Soviets and in fact fighting them in the first Winter War was what led the Soviets to increase winter preparation in their own army.

Now, I'm not familiar with the intimacies of the game code, or even that experienced at editing scenarios, but if I were trying to fix it I would focus on simply giving an exception to Finnish units. It is doubtful the winter would affect them no matter where they were fighting. But of course you have infinitely more experience/knowledge than I do about the game and only you can say whether or not that can be done.

Cant do it by country. its done by area

Yes and no. You can specify the alignment and you can specify the country id. In order to make this work correctly you would have to create a separate line for each country of a certain alignment. If a country was not specified then it would be immune. Just remember to always include a country id after the alignment.

I know but Finland is aligned with Axis

It can still be done, it just requires more work. When you just specify the alignment then all countries in that alignment group are affected. If you specify the alignment AND country id then only the specified countries will be affected.

Whether you consider the extra work worth it or not is a design decision of course!:D