Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Something i miss from CM1

maybe been spieled before,but,

setting up a standard QB pbem,the receiving player cant access some formation types unless its set by the creator?

i always liked the suspense of not knowing what force type you may run into (ala CM1)

as it stands now,i have to ask the creator for certain formation/nationality etc,giving away alot of fruit for the mind.

BFC fix or do sumfink:)

or maybe someones gonna tell me this is actually a feature?:P

seriously,whats the story?

Regards

S

as it stands now,i have to ask the creator for certain formation/nationality etc,giving away alot of fruit for the mind.

As for nationality, I don't have any ideas for a work around under the existing system. But as for formation types, just ask for Mixed. Then you can pick whatever you like.

Michael

of course i meant human pick:)

it would be nice to just have *unrestricted* as a force type like the previous CM.

its probably an oversight and is too hard to alter now,is my guess?

Um. "Mixed" has no restrictions. You don't have to pick a combined arms force if you don't want to. It could be all sniper teams (and an FO section) if you wanted. The only restriction is that QBs don't allow you to mix different armies. That Heer, SS and LW are considered different armies, as the various Allied nationalities are is a design choice which makes sense in many situations when viewed in the light of CM's bias towards historical choices. It makes less sense in theatres where different "armies" historically fought alongside one another at the CM scale, but I don't know how common that really was.

But the force selection options are no "oversight", they're conscious design decisions by BFC. You or I might disagree with them, or wish they'd been approached in a different manner, but they ain't oversights. They might be something BFC want to change in the future, and the "decision" was "Don't do it now; we've got more important things to fix before we release," or it could be a paradigm-defining decision that won't be altered.

well you cant tell me that SS,Heer,and fallschirmjäger didnt ever fight together in normandy or italy,in the same manor that allied troops would've aswell.

i reckon its a clanger,if its not an oversight:)

i mean you can do it in the editor with an understanding opponent to make a QB with the above,but,thats not the point now is it?

...Heer, SS and LW are considered different armies, as the various Allied nationalities are is a design choice which makes sense in many situations when viewed in the light of CM's bias towards historical choices....

I sort of agree with Simmox - it's less of a problem that you can only choose one of those options - Heer, SS or LW or the various Allied options, but it would be nice if the choosing player could make the decision rather than the person starting the QB setup.

That shouldn't be so hard to unlock.