Cool sounds

I've got a QB going in some hilly country, a canyon between two ridgelines basically. I also have an M15 just for the heck of it, and the M15 spotted a trio of guys with an MG and opened fire on them. The thing that struck me immediately and delighted me (aside from the speedy execution of the trio) was the really neat and—to my ear—really realistic echoes propagating between the hills. Whoever designed this effect did it right!

Oh, and the other thing is the M15 has some very impressive firepower. A rapid fire 37 mm and two .50s can put some hurt on those infantry guys. But it is also very vulnerable in return. That armor wouldn't stop an angry horsefly. But as long as you can protect it while placing it in a good firing spot, it is a pleasure to use.

Michael

Oh, and the other thing is the M15 has some very impressive firepower. A rapid fire 37 mm and two .50s can put some hurt on those infantry guys. But it is also very vulnerable in return.

Indeed, I picked a few of those up "by mistake" - I was going for the quad .50cal and miss read. But I was still pretty happy the auto cannon 37mm was really cool.

That armor wouldn't stop an angry horsefly.

LOL I can believe that - here in Ontario we grow them big, mean and angry - you need more than some steal plating to keep them from biting :)

...you need more than some steal plating to keep them from biting :)

Amusing historical factoid: As you may recall, the Spanish Conquistadors wore armor. They suffered greatly as a result when mosquitos got under the armor and bit them. They couldn't scratch and didn't even have the satisfaction of being able to slap the pests. Montezuma's other revenge.

:D

Michael

I bought a butane+alletrine insect repelling device thingy for 30 euros. Money well spent, it works flawlessly. Can sleep easily without even a tent or a net under the sky in a forest. Mosquitoes, horseflies, you name it, it'll stay 20 meters away from you. I nominate the inventor for the Nobel Peace of mind prize. Everyone should get one.

What was it we were talking about?