Always 88s?

The first time I played the demo, I played as the US attacker in Reisberg. I was spending most of my time figuring things out and learning the system (not to mention saying "wow" a lot). I swear though, the German AT guns were not 88s. I want to say that they were... 75s? (Did the Germans have a 75? I thought 75s were French.) The graphic looked like a smaller AT with a front plate. Later, when I played from the German side, I had 88s. Definately a different graphic and different gun. Did I imagine this or is the OB different depending on which side you play?

It is FOW. The first time I played Reisberg was as the Allies and I spent the entire game thinking I was facing 75s (or whatever). It wasn't until the scen ended and i went back to look at the map that I realized they were 88s. The next time I played as teh Allies, I advanced some infantry w/in 30 meters and the graphic changed from the smaller, grey colored gun to an 88. Remember, an emplaced or hidden gun is VERY hard to spot, much less identify.

Preacher

Mike W,

It's FOW.. See, you just knew there were "guns" up there firing at you. None of your tanks seem to have survived long enough to ID them wink.gif

It's FOW and what you saw was a generic AT gun marker.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers