Supply Upgrade/Research

I had this idea sometime at night while I couldn't fall asleep because my mind was constantly running on about a current WW1 game that I am playing(happens a lot to me... thankyou for my insomnia):

What if there was a technology(I would have named it infastructure, but we already got that, so maybe supply managment?) that affected how much supply we have?

I assume there are more ways to make this idea work but the one I had was tech that can be leveld up 3 times.

When researched it gives us the ability to upgrade a town/city/fortress(I guess not mines/oilfields as they kinda work differently).

The amount of times you can upgrade is related to how many levels you have researched into it and each upgrade makes the town give 1 extra supply to the final value of the town.(5 town gives 6 supply with 1 level, allowing an hq inside it to give of 10 supply)

This would allow us to "focus" on specifc fronts or places by upgrading the supply (Ottomans/British in Basra, or the Austrians by Montegero).

I would make the actual research and upgrades expansive(150/50?) so they can only be used sparingly but I honestly did not consider the balance of this, he idea just seemed interseting.

Feel free to bash the idea into the ground, I honestly do not know how I feel about it, I just thought it had at least enough merit to bring up.

- Isn't infrastructure tech supposed to work that way in the new SCGC model (increasing base supply for supply ressource with each level) ?

(most points below would refer to WWII/SoE but maybe some of them can be interesting for WWI as well)

- Another idea for a research field would be "secret weapons/advanced weaponry" as a whole to regroup fields players don't use much (who said rockets ?) with more random results than other fields:

* from nothing or even losses like MPPs or research %, some dreamy programs being closed because of inefficiency or lack of results

* to better breakthrough chances, free MPPs (industry/research rationalizing) or getting one level in another tech field

- The progress per turn in that field would be more random too with chances of "setbacks" instead of breakthroughs.

- You can think of the "no result", failures or setbacks as "funny" results like a hit in "aryan" anthropology or Graal Quest or just limited successes in nuclear research with no actual use unless you make other discoveries :D .

- Another possibility would be the need to research that field to unlock last level for other fields (infantry semi-automatic weapons, jet fighters, subs type XXI...) or allow modern units to be produced if you have maxed out research in other fields.

- One more possibility would be to shift victory conditions one level in your favor if you reach maximum level in that research field (you have techs to bargain at the peace table even if you lost the war).

- A different model would be to buy an expensive "secret weapons" chit that would be the only way to double your research in one field with increased % of success and failure (say 0-10% instead of 3-6%). That chit would be buyable only after researching the "secret weapons" field (not sure how many levels here, perhaps 2 or 3).

Just some thinking, no hard feeling if it all goes to the dustbin, thanks for reading ;) .

- Isn't infrastructure tech supposed to work that way in the new SCGC model (increasing base supply for supply ressource with each level) ?

Not exactly, as it just increases the minimum supply level for your HQs, which helps when they have been battered and reduced in strength.

Otherwise HQs that are low in strength provide next to no supply, so infrastructure is important to keep the supply level up when the enemy is targetting your HQs.

Just some thinking, no hard feeling if it all goes to the dustbin, thanks for reading ;) .

Thanks for the ideas! :)

So, what are the viablities of my idea? Is it possible in the current engine to do such a thing?(have supply gained by upgrade, or are those hardcoded for each place and not easily editable? Have supply above 10?)