App Store?

Several months ago, I purchased CMBN via the Mac App Store, and I loved it, it being my first Combat Mission game. Now, I feel as if I getting bored with it, but apparently I cannot purchase the CWF module with the base game bought through App Store. Are there any plans to release any other CM games/modules through the App Store?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=108463

I am in the same boat. Here is the asked and answered question.

Commonwealth forces has been out so long and haven't heard any plans to release it in the AppStore, so I have kinda given up checking for it in the app store. I might just rebuy the game through battlefront.com, but hate to pay for something twice. Maybe if I get bored with Gustav Line.

Not that I know of, but you can buy them for MacOSX without going through the mac AppStore. I bought the mac versions of FI and FI:gustav line through battlefront.com. Is there any particular reason you want to purchase through the AppStore?

Not that I know of, but you can buy them for MacOSX without going through the mac AppStore. I bought the mac versions of FI and FI:gustav line through battlefront.com. Is there any particular reason you want to purchase through the AppStore?

I must admit that puzzles me too. A customer might have a valid reason to prefer buying from the App Store for all I know, but I haven't heard it yet.

Michael

I must admit that puzzles me too. A customer might have a valid reason to prefer buying from the App Store for all I know, but I haven't heard it yet.

Michael

The only even remotely valid reason I know of is for people who have serious trust issues downloading from "unknown" websites and thus feel safer knowing the App Store programs are "safe" from viruses/trojans/etc.

That said, since I never download from "Honest Jim's HOTTT warez .scam" I prefer dealing directly with the publishers & getting realtime support/fixes/sundry goodies and the like.

Jyri

...I prefer dealing directly with the publishers & getting realtime support/fixes/sundry goodies and the like.

Same here, and that seems so self-evidently good sense I have to wonder what motivates people into doing the other thing. I doubt that they are especially stupid and therefore must have a reason, I just don't have any idea what it could be.

Michael