Cross Mac/PC licensing for Shock Force

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding licensing for Shock Force. I understand that if I buy the PC version then I can use it on two separate computers at the same time - I want to use it for playing with my son.

However, one of our machines is a Mac and the other a PC, so would I need to buy two separate copies to span this gap? If not, how would this work? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Regards,

Damian.

You will need to purchase two separate games for installing on a Mac and a PC, if you want the game to run natively on the Mac.

Otherwise it may be possible to play the game on a BootCamp partition on the Mac. Of course this requires a copy of Windows and the disk space to create that BootCamp partition.

I do not think that Parallels or other virtual environments would work due to copy-protection functions and possibly full 3D support. The PC version uses eLicense, while the Mac version uses our current 'Online Activation System' copy-protection.

It may be possible to get a slight discount on the second game since one copy has been purchased, but it will not be a very significant discount. You can contact the Helpdesk about this and Martin can possibly offer you a small discount.

Otherwise it may be possible to play the game on a BootCamp partition on the Mac. Of course this requires a copy of Windows and the disk space to create that BootCamp partition.

Thanks for that. I have Windows installed on a Bootcamp partition all ready, so it looks like that would be the easiest solution all round. Thanks again.