Note on hedges and light forest vs tanks

Hi Pete

Easy test... just run bocage across an empty map, place a (1) hedge tile within it and just a light forest on the hedge tile for flooring. Then try to run a tiger through it.

(I also left a opening gap at the opposite end of the bocage, in my tests).

The tigers will drive through 2 tiles joined (hedge and light forest) within a bocage line ... but even then one out of the 6 tigers I was using went and found another route.

Also perhaps it is a good idea to leave a gap right at the other end of the bocage to give the tiger a choice, as this was something I include. Will try it without the gap later.

Well I've just stretched bocage all the way across a map (N-S) , light forest under its entire length, and altered 1 tile of bocage to hedge and it still works fine, with the Tiger plowing on through the one gap.

Do you have a file you can send

petewenman at navairart.com - @ for at of course

P

I think it is your waypoint placement as I was able to get the Tigers to go where ever I wanted them to.

I tend to be specific with my wp placement and so the Tiger had a clear route to follow, in this case a wp on the other side of each gap I wanted it to use. The issue might be if you are only placing one wp on the far side of the map and then expecting the Tiger to follow the route you have in mind.

Let me know if that works

P

Have been setting way-points, similar to yourself, as I usually move down from quick to move while crossing any area where ground tiles may vary.

However, I did find if I drop down to slow, instead of move, then the tiger has no problem.

When crossing over the hedge, what movement key did you use?