Combat Mission Fraps and Music videos

Hey all, I bought CMBB in about 2005 and joined the club webandofbrothers about a year later. The single player was good enough but the club brought it to the next level, a bunch of real good sports let me tell ya. This year 2013, I learned how to use Fraps to capture the game action, Windows Movie Maker to edit and finalize, upload to YouTube, then link to the club site. I did a few "normal" videos, showing some cool aspect of a scenario. Then i got the idea of laying music over it, to amp up the experience - i mean, war games are cool, and music is cool, why not fuse the two?

The music I use is mainly hard rock and metal, as its violent energy is similar to a well-planned assault. Here, for my amusement and I hope yours, are some music videos. I have a stack of songs and ideas for more, which I might tend to put out about once a month (real life as you know gets in the way). Thanks for watching.

And if anyone wants to use this space for loading Fraps game capture videos, then all the better. I'm available for advice on how to do it, as a few months' experience for me is enough to get the basics of it

This video was made on request by a fellow club member who also played the Total War campaign. He had a funny situation in which he surrounded and attacked two immobilized tanks with every single weapon in the Battlefront arsenal. It took him 12 turns to do it! He provided his password and files, most of the narrative captions, and told me to put it together!

First song is unknown to me, and the second song which comes in about 3 minutes is "Life of An American Fireman" from '02...

1902 that is.

decimated550,

I like the last best, Not only is it lacking the smash cuts my brain doesn't like and has charming music (counterpoint to the howling chaos) and silent film signage, but it's funny (and must've been frustrating for the attacker) beyond words! Laughed my butt off, and I really needed to laugh! I confess myself confounded that one, let alone two SU-85s could shrug off such punishment, from dead flank with the ATGs, at spitting range. And immune, mostly, to great gouts of flame and demo charges. The second ATG was a 76mm regimental gun. Be sure to show this vid to JasonC, who raised a ruckus over Russian ammo modeling in CMBB.

This vid sure shows how massive the changes in the visuals have been. Wow!

Thank you much for this!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks for liking them, or the last one anyway. I know the average age of Combat Mission players his higher than the twichy ADD crowd of first person shooters. But i'm in the younger end of the CM scale (at 35!!, i might be the youngest in my CM club). SO the heavy metal might not be everyone's favorite!

Here's another light hearted that i'm sure you sir should like. Not a music video, unless you count the famous sound effect at the very end. And no smash cuts = - )

But i'm in the younger end of the CM scale (at 35!!, i might be the youngest in my CM club). SO the heavy metal might not be everyone's favorite!

I remember we once had a thread in the CMx2 section of this forum that was about how old everybody is. It turned out that the average CM players is male and aged around 45 years, with the youngst beeing around 20 and the oldest beeing in their late 60s.