Replays would be a nice feature.

(if this made a 2nd topic for this, I am sorry. I have no idea how to edit topic titles on this forum)

I have returned! *Silence* Well, I still love this game, so goodjob on that. Best Turnbased strat ever.

Now onto what I thought about.(way back a year ago actully, but I never got around to posting it).

Wouldn't it be a nice feature to have a "replay" option for your games? Much akin to the original Starcraft.(as the Starcraft 2 system would probably be too difficult to program)

I only have basic programming knowledge and as such can really only plan my ideas in a "logic" standpoint rather then the specifics but theoreticly it should be relatively easy to creat a "replay" system if all safefiles for the game are present.

You could have the game run the files back to back(somehow more efficent then current save loading is) and the AI redo the moves which happened in each(as I assume it already saves all movements and actions do to the nature of "enemy movement"). I do not know how you would make the game recognize which save files are part of which game and this system would really be a hackjob at it because keeping more or less a gigabite of safefiles kinda ruins the point of a replay.

I know I am not much pratical help in the idea of implemenating this, but overall I think it be a nice feature to have for some future games. Stratigic Command has this habit of creating "stories" in how the war goes, as the AAR's have proven.(Would also be nice for those, after the AAR the replay of the game could be put up)

Hi Sapare :) ,

- I may be mistaken but I think that was discussed at some point before however I can't remember where.

I believe one of the point was though not 100% practical as long as you have saved turns you can take screens of before/after combat by reloading them.

- Maybe there was also some issue with storing whole campaigns many moves in game folders and replay speed or something, my memory fails me, sorry.

- Anyway, no idea if it will be implemented next (SCGC3 or whatever).