Is it possible to disable the high tech "stuff"?

Hello all. I've never created a mod but I'm thinking of creating one that may have an unusual twist. My nephews play a role-playing game that takes place in a sort of post-apocalyptic Europe where the war continues but units that were once 10,000 strong are now down to 300-400 and supply chains are virtually non-existent. Vehicles are kept running thru cannibalization and things like laser range finders or thermal imagers are hard to come by. As such, I'm wondering if it's possible to disable these features on the vehicles in CMSF. I'm really doing this mostly as a way to keep a connection with my nephews who live about 900 miles away. Thanks so much for any help!!

I don't think so. Modding in CMSF can only change the outer "skin" of a vehicle, not the underlying 3D model or any of the vehicle's technical attributes.

In the editor, you can designate any given vehicle to start the scenario immobilized, but that's about as far as you can go in terms of disabling equipment on a vehicle. You can't selectively disable the laser rangefinder, or the targeting computer, or anything like that.

Best you could do would be to use some of the older vehicle types offered, and also lower unit equipment quality settings. This would reduce some of the fancy gizmos somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...