Repository Questions

I have a couple of questions on the Repository.

Why the difference in sub-categories between the games.

For instance....

CM Battle for Normandy has:

Maps

Mods

Scenarios

and then below the categories are organizers and equipment lists etc (and some mods?)

All well and good.

But then CM Commonwealth has only:

Guns and Vehicles

Uniforms

and the below that everything else mixed together, different mods, scenarios, maps etc.

CMFI has no sub-categories at all.

Why the differences between the games?

How come when you "Order by" the Author it doesn't list the results alphabetically?

Or is the "Author" different from the "File Author"

Is it better to sort by Submitter?

I wonder the same things too. I suspect the repository has grown like topsy beyond original expectations. I think its a matter of someone needing to take the time to plan and organize. If the mod descriptions had additional categories for search tags, a more robust search tool would make sub folders unnecessary.

The current tags within a game folder/subfolder appear to be ID, File Title, Downloads, Submit Date, Submitter, Author.

Additional tags to add could include Game Title (s), Game Version(s), File type (map, mod, scenario, campaign), and maybe even Feedback rating.

A search which returned a results list matrix that could be exported to excel would allow users the ability to further slice and dice to our particular liking. More robust search engine optimization would reduce any need for Battlefront to manually categorize repository uploads. Just a thought for those involved in repository management.