Random End Turn Needed

Turn 28, just hang there Mark only two turns to go! Well that ain't much in the realisam department but it sure made me feel good while I was nearly over run in Last Defense (after 4/5 time playing (sent my TD's and extra plt home). Now to the point...a random number generation at Turn 30 (or what ever "Scheduled" game end) should decide if the game continues. And each turn another random generation is made. This makes us cagey Humans sweat and allows a slowly recovering AI a bit more time. We Humans should never know exactly when the game will end...we'll just plan accordingly!

Guest Big Time Software

There is something like this, but it is cautious about ending the game too soon or letting it go on too long. However, some tweaks might be needed.

Steve

Thanks for qick repley, Steve. Actually the guys that re-did the steel panthers games...or was SSI, themselves, came up with that style of ending the carnage. Perhaps you or Fionn might chat w/ the Camo group at Wild Bill and the raiders.. they can surely explain the details far better than I.

Guest PeterNZ

might be easier to have a slim chance the game ends at turn 27 and a slim one it may last till 33 or something.. and a pretty high one it will end on turn 30/31. I agree, would keep the game pretty interesting and reduce the human 'edge' a touch smile.gif .. er.. that just means the ai might kick me some more?! wink.gif

PeterNZ

Having a random end trun would make it more fair for in the good old days when I was playing Panzer Blitz on some scenarios you would massively move all you vehicles onto the victory zone and if you as defender wish you had more turns to pick off the trucks. In reality this is unrealistic for you would try to protect every unit.

Please add some unknown to when the game will end. One turn sooner to several turns later.

Will you as the looser have the ability to stop the game or do you have to massively withdraw every unit?

The ending of battle is really something I don't like at all. It just makes this less realistic, and more gamey. I mean, what's that all about anyway? After half an hour someone comes and blows the whistle? Game over, you guys won! smile.gif

IMO, the battle should continue until one side surrenders, or withdraws. And no massive, almost casualty-free escapes like in CC.

Steve from another topic:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Seriously, if you ever wondered why some battles just simmered down, for no apparent tactical reason, ammo/stamina were likely the cause.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what might be the thing to do is, rather than having some random/nonrandom predetermined ending time, to have the scenario end when 90% (or something) of the guys on each side get low on ammo or reach some tiredness level (based on the amount of running/heavy firefights they'd been in total). Probably with some exceptions, like no close assaults going on, or no enemies within a certain distance of your guys. It would probably be more realistic, and I would think it wouldn't be too hard to implement...

-John Hough

I'm certainly NO Expert at the ins and outs of CM, But...There are hot keys avail that human can use to surrender. Does it follow that the AI has the same option? I know when I send my Reinforcements away I just hit withdraw and show a destination off the map...soon as they hit the map edge, Poof!...they're gone. Can't the AI rout off the board as well? I suspect and hope that this AI will fight smart and tough but also retreat/surrender when hopeless. I need to keep in mind a turn is only 1 min long