new weapons

As I understand from the little that has been released about it so far, CMSF2 is being built around a hypothetical conflict between NATO forces vs. Russian Federation and her allies, set in the Ukraine. As such, the improvised and "home cooked" weapons shown in this article would seem to be an unlikely inclusion since both sides would be well-equipped with modern weaponry.

But I suppose it's possible the fantasy plotline for the conflict might have room for some sort of irregular force, in which case things like this could be included; perhaps in a module if not in the initial release.

Maybe a module to CMSF1 then :)

I doubt BF wants to get so political to release a "Syrian Civil War module" or something like that. Probably that is why CMSF was about a hypothetical conflict in Syria and not about the ongoing and very similar Iraq conflict.

It is kind of crazy that BF released this title long before the current Syrian conflict, and the life proceeded to imitate art (minus a western intervention thus far anyway)

The 'Strength and Faith' scenario that shipped with the base game is a dead ringer for the current conflict though, crazy to think about.

Glad to here there is going to be a CMSF2 at some point.

Having just bought the Mac version I quickly noticed a few things that are in CMBN that could be put into CMSF. Things like wall junctions and water are some but an obvious one would be different colours for walls and fences of different types.

I'd also like to be able to port maps between CMSF and CMBN particularly the Italy terrain

If we are looking at a Collapse of the Russian federation scenario is their any chance of the Chinese. I know it isn't the most realistic scenario, but as the Chinese widen their arms exports their stuff is showing up in more and more Countries, with Pakistan one of the most prominent.

Given that India buys or licence builds a fair bit from Russia too, any Russia scenario that lets people mod other theatres would be great.

Peter.