Something I miss...

I just finished playing all the allied campaigns in CMBN (Commomwealth included) and I'm a bit disappointed with the air support and artillery support from battleships.The first only appears twice in the Scottish Corridor campaign and,in one of those occasions,,wasn't posible for anybody in the map to get in contact with it(even the FO).As for the battleships I didn't remember to find them in the off-map assets thought they played and important rol in Normandy.

Another thing I missed but it isn't in the game yet is the BMW german bikes with sidecars and MG.They were the equivalent of the allied MG jeeps.I love this vehicles and I wonder if there is any chance to see them in further modules or games.

http://s371.beta.photobucket.com/user/Arpella72/media/bmw_zpsb09fe29a.png.html

Hi arpella.

As it happens, there was a battleship fire mission in the early iterations of the second mission, 'Road to Cheux'. However, I pulled it during testing because the battleship fire mission is way too precise. So much so as to make it utterly, immersion-breakingly unrealistic. IMHO, naval support is not well done in CMBN.

I don't think there was much air support available during the early days of Epsom as the weather was appalling. Heavy overcast, heavy rain, sodden ground, the perfect fighting weather for us Scots. ;) Air support is not properly done in CMBN either.

Air support in the beginning days of Normandy was non-existent to rare at best just because of the mass confusion of drops and where the front lines were. I suppose it was more common as the campaign went on especially on offensive operations that were planned and prepped ahead of time.

BFC has always shied away from including motorcycles of any kind because (they claim) of the extra work involved in producing animations for an item that is not expected to see widespread use in the game.

Michael

I saw and played them in Theatre of War (a BF game).Come on!,I want to ride my bike...:D

BFC has always shied away from including motorcycles of any kind because (they claim) of the extra work involved in producing animations for an item that is not expected to see widespread use in the game.

Michael

In CMBN you may also argue that the sidecar motorcycles in the recon batallions were largely substituted by Volkswagen (Kübelwagen & Schwimmwagen) in 1944 (this process started in 1943 AFAIK). IIRC there were no significant units using sidecar motorcycles in western Europe in the time period CMBN is about and the sidecars were relegated to courier duties. On the other hand there were quite a few bicycle units - mainly as reserve units.

BTW i prefer that BFC invests its resources in stuff like German Paratroopers, FFI, Maquis etc than in motorbikes ...

<snipped>

BTW i prefer that BFC invests its resources in stuff like German Paratroopers, FFI, Maquis etc than in motorbikes ...

Me too. I concur. I am much more interested with adding substantive combat units and OOB's within the game as more rewarding for the efforts required of the developers.