Urban renewal should have a penalty.

I've been playing a MP more and more these days and I'm starting to notice little things that *should* be happening that aren't.

One of these is that buildings, when destroyed, essentially implode as if it was done by controlled demolition. Since we don't actually have an option available to rig buildings to blow, it should be far more chaotic just where and how the rubble is distributed. Right now, there is nothing in terms of rubble, debris or blockage outside of the original building footprint.

Any chance we could see some realistic devastation?

Apocal:

I believe this is something that BF had to decide where to halt the investment of CPU and GPU cycles before things got out of hand. In other words, a more realistic representation would take many more resources than it would be deemed "worth" to display. I imagine Charles and Steve had to make many, many of these type decisions, as they have a finite amount of memory to work with.

Until we get computers with an overabundance of memory and graphic capability at reasonable prices, things will remain this way.

Apocal:

I believe this is something that BF had to decide where to halt the investment of CPU and GPU cycles before things got out of hand. In other words, a more realistic representation would take many more resources than it would be deemed "worth" to display. I imagine Charles and Steve had to make many, many of these type decisions, as they have a finite amount of memory to work with.

Until we get computers with an overabundance of memory and graphic capability at reasonable prices, things will remain this way.

They already have terrain deformation in the game, just not for collapsing buildings, which should be leaving piles of rubble strewn about.

They already have terrain deformation in the game, just not for collapsing buildings, which should be leaving piles of rubble strewn about.

*shrugs* Again... where do you draw the line? Only BF knows.

Having said that, I do agree it would be very cool to see more realistic depictions with buildings. Perhaps when they tackle fire down the road another look at deformation will happen.