Machine Gun Involuntary Movement

By any chance, was this a "HQ" element with an "extra" (leader) team member? IME, MG teams are more likely to wrongly position the MG if there are "too many" bodies in the way. You might find that a face in a different direction will get the MG up to the berm: if it's setting up "back right" try Facing "oblique left" a bit to see if that helps. Because I'm not sure the patch is going to address the problem you're describing, only the "team members running away" one, which is a bug, rather than an unintended consequence of something WAD as I think your problem is.

As i recall, the mg was setting up to the back right, but my original order was to face obliquely to the left because that was the location of the main area of targets that I wanted to suppress. I don't recall whether there was an extra man in the team, or not. I'll look again next time I open the game.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I've got wandering HMG and mortar crews! I even have units that disappear leaving only an icon floating about. This is all happening in the Montebourg campaign that was started pre version 2.

Bit frustrating as I keep losing vital support weapons during a firefight, but guess it was a probability with a patched campaign halfway through.