CM:BN/CW 2.0 QB PBEM bombing out

Gents,

My brother and I are trying to start a QB (inter-family CM is the way to resolve all issues, BTW ;)

We have successfully played a number of H2H PBEM battles - now, we want a shot at picking our own troops.

Twice, I have gone through the menu, selected the appropriate entries, generated an initial turn which I send off. My brother successfully returns an 002 file as per usual.

When I attempt to launch this, the "Loading" meter reads 5%, then either hangs indefinitely, or immediately crashes to desktop.

The first time, I set the map choice to auto-select. This one hung at 5% (HDD light still flashing here and there) until I Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it - then crashed, and some error report was generated. Tried to start it again after re-booting, and same exact thing happened (incl. error report).

Our second go, same entries except this time, I chose a medium QB map myself. The 002 file he sends back loads to 5% then immediately CTD (no error report this time).

We did start a ready-made H2H scenario after 2.0 upgrade with no problems (stopped after my brother realized he had played it previously against the A.I.) (Some folks might construe that as, ahem, cheating, but I digress...)

We haven't tried a QB PBEM before the 2.0 upgrade, so nothing to compare it to. Both machines are Win7 64-bit using ESET antivirus software, which has never given us any trouble before. We both own CM:FI - I could try using that to see if it happens again...

Ideas?

I've got a number of 002 files that I get stuck at5%. The work around seems to be set only for scenario PBEM's.

No scenarios work fine for PBEM in 2.0. The work around is for Quick battles. The mistake I made was changing the file name of the QB map. That is *not* the correct thing to do. You have to change the QB map's *title* by loading the QB map in the scenario editor.

Any word on a hotpatch for this issue?

That is what I would have hoped for but there is no sign that this is going to happen. It looks like the fix is just being rolled into the next patch release. Hopefully it will be soon but don't hold your breath.

No scenarios work fine for PBEM in 2.0. The work around is for Quick battles. The mistake I made was changing the file name of the QB map. That is *not* the correct thing to do. You have to change the QB map's *title* by loading the QB map in the scenario editor.

Okay, call me thick. How do I determine which QB map name to change if I can't open file002? I don't know which QB map I'm using in the QB!