Sound Mods CMSF Mac?

Can not get some PC CMSF sound mods to work in CMSF Mac.

The naming does not appear to be off on the file names. I can hear the sound mod files via iTunes just fine but putting the sound mod files in CMSF Z folder and the stock sounds become silent. I tried putting ZZ in front to the sound mods folder with the same result, the stock sounds become silent.

One I have tried to get running is Mord's US AFV Radio Chatter Mod. Mords sound files play just fine via iTunes but are silent in CMSF Mac.

Hope someone has a suggestion that can get the sound mods working in CMSF Mac.

Thanks,

I cannot help you but I also have this problem. Not with CMSF because I don't have sound mods there, yet. But the SFX_1c sound mod for CMBN has some sounds that I cannot hear. Some others are totally broken. Unfortunately it's a brz which I cannot unpack.

Do you know which specific files do not work?

poesel71, Thanks for your reply.

Most mod sounds don't work in CMSF Mac.

CMBN/CW sound mods seem to work for me.

In the big picture it is certainly not a big deal.

I hope someone will be able to steer us in the right direction.

I suspect we are not the only customers experiencing this sound mod issue.

Including this note here from another thread. I used Audacity to convert the CMSF sound mods to 16bit 48k, Wave PCM signed 16 bit as "Mac wants to have the game wav files run at 48k" was suggested to be the problem.

Still no audio in CMSF Mac from these modified files.

Looking inside Mac Version, CMSF 1.0 .BRZ contains "background.wav" , a 44,100 sample rate, 16 bit stereo file that plays fine on the Mac.

Confusing as Z" prefixing any background.wav, sound mod file does not make it audible either.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to michal Mac folks now have beta version of rezexplode and rezpack for Mac OS X and FreeBSD. 0.3 worked fine to explode all the CMSF MAC, bra files.

I did a very quick test of Mord's US Radio Chatter BASE "background.wav" putting ZZZ prefix in front of the 43.4MB file. It "should" be audible but it is not.

As far as I can ascertain from the exploded CMSF MAC .brz files there is only one original "background.wav". Seems like putting ZZZ prefix on MORD's US Radio Chatter BASE "background.wav"... should be audible.

I am sure I am missing something and would appreciate any suggestions to use the CMSF PC sound mods in the new CMSF MAC version.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks War RaVen. I checked the thread. Tested the sample rates on the Mac Pro without any positive results. Used Audacity to convert some CMSF sound mods to 16bit 48k and they were not audible in 48K format. Will let you know what develops.