Newbie HELP !!!!

ok.. not my first Battlefront game.. but CMBN seems a little fuzzy to me..

I passed the first 3 training scenes

now I am at

MISSION 1: RAFF MOVES INLAND

when I move my scouts up to 2nd floor of observation post

I do not get any confirmation regarding enemy troops..

once my scouts reach second floor I see 3 gray question marks..but nothing confirmed.

so, is that correct or should I see confirmed ?

thanks !!!

i havent played that misssion myself, however in general it is like that (or at least i believe it is like that. i am pretty sure, though.) your troops will spot more if they observe a certain area for longer time. probably your scouts will be able to confirm the generic contact if you let them observe for 2-3 turns.

That's how the fog of war works in CMBN. Your units can sometimes see enemy units but are unclear of what they are. For example, they'll see some movement behind a hedgerow but can't make out any definite shapes or confirmed contact. Likely, if you leave your scout where it is, it will eventually gather enough intel to determine what the ? are.

Welcome to CMBN and have fun learning the game. It can be a steep learning curve but in the end you'll really enjoy the tactical realism the game has to offer.

The LOS takes a bit of getting used to but it works well.As already mentioned leave them where they are for a turn or two and they'll spot.Sometimes if you look close they'll be prone thus they can't see but then you 'll see one pop his head up for a quick look.A tip as well,put a small covered arc on your scouts because if they do spot targets,they'll engage and give their postions away.

• 2 weeks later...