An old battlefield

I know it's nothing to do with with WW II(not directly,at least) but I want to post it anyway as you may find it interesting.They are some pics from an old battlefield where fierce combats took place during the Battle of Ebro river in the Spanish Civil War (1936-39).The XV Army Corps (Ebro Republican Army) covered the retreat of their comrades and was engaged in a fierce and bloody fighting against Franco´s forces during november 1938.They defended a fortified line in the area of La Fatarella village that is upon a mountain ridge.They fought bravely and very well,leaded by lieutenant colonel Manuel Tagüeña, a non-professional soldier who was 25 years old then and became later a training officer in the Red Army's Frunze academy.He published his memories in a book titled Testimonio de dos guerras(Testimony of two wars).

I wish you enjoy it.

http://s371.beta.photobucket.com/user/Arpella72/library/Ebro%20Battle?

post-34624-141867624368_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, arpella72. Good photos of an interesting and seldom covered subject. Possibly the best place to post material that does not pertain to a specific game is the General Forum. But in any event, I was pleased to see this.

Michael

Yes,You are probably right.How to move the post there?.If the administrator want to do it I don't have any inconvenient.

Yes,You are probably right.How to move the post there?.If the administrator want to do it I don't have any inconvenient.

As a forum member making another post, you could create a new thread in that other forum which includes the URL for this thread, then explain your posting there for a more general audience. Replies would be posted to that forum.

Great subject to bring up and not a bad situation to do as a hypothetical engagement with other forces. Who knows, maybe CM's future CM-Ostfront will allow a mod for the Blue Division . . . :)