Had a great but at the same time devastating moment today..

You have to be alive to be tardy. Otherwise you're just "late".

OOO!! I really like that quote! Of your own making?

I think the single best way to lose a game is by rushing.

I think the single best way to win a game is by not dallying.

The former gets your guys chopped down because you don't know what's ahead of them. The latter prevents the enemy from having time to tailor his plans to yours.

Steve

Yes, I just thought that up as I was posting. Does sort of "sing" doesn't it?

Words to play CM by for certain.

One of my other faves is in regards to all the empirical tests that folks run to attempt to re-create battle results.

Academia is just fine... But the real world is the real world.

:)

A QB recently I had decided to have some fun an give myself lots of airpower. After the game ended I went back to review my map and was surprised to see the enemy (AI) tanks had all parked themselves directly beneath trees! I don't know if this was a coincidence or if AI armor really did have a fall-back plan for when airpower showed up.

Maybe but I doubt it. Unless it was under a self preservation type move on the AI's part, like a Sherman backing up when it exchanges a round or two with a Tiger head on. But I dont think so since the AI wont react to whats going on with an on going battle, i.e. flank an obvious enemy position. It's brilliant when the AI has a lot of scripts and the designer becomes very skilled a la Paper Tiger, but other times it's strange. Like you.re opponent is fighting blind.

I just PBEM now.