The demo download.

My internet PC is not the same as my gaming PC, and the two are not connected, and the internet PC does not have a ZIP drive, so I need to ask a question:

Is it possible to use Windows' "Backup/Restore" option on zipped files? That's the only way I can see being able to get the beta demo zip file onto my gaming PC.

If you know the answer, thanks in advance.

DjB

there is anyother way - a few actually. One method I use to transfer files between my AMiga and my Pc is use Hyper terminal, link the 2 computers together with a null serial cable, select direct link and about 115,000 bps and then send the file from the menu using Z-Modem with crash resume, if you get excessive errors use a slower connect speed on both PC like 56,6000 bps. This is quite slow, but it works well

CCJ

Guest Big Time Software

You could try hooking the two machines up via a serial port, as CoolColJ suggests. It will work, but it will be slow :) The other way, and not too much more expensive, is to by a really cheap ZIP serial card for the other PC (I assume you have a serial ZIP drive). Last time I checked this was about $40 or so.

Steve

Yeah, except the internet hookup is cable modem from the downstairs office, and the gaming machine is upstairs.

We're not *supposed* to fiddle around with the PCI card inside this machine; the cable company doesn't like it very much.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just play the game here. It *should* work (this is a P2 233 with a Viper330 card. Biggest constraint is HD space: about 100 MB.

Is that enough space to install the demo, BTS?

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

Get Mr. Cablemodem guy here! "100MB, is that enough?" Do you know what would happen to us if we uploaded a 100MB demo? I shudder to think smile.gif Charles has a cablemodem too, so he is on my little black list too! (I live in a rural area, so I have to be bitter!)

Steve

I've got a cable modem also. I can hook up as many as 3 computers to the modem at once. If you have a second network card your problem should be solved, you have a true network in your house!

Do you have @home or some other company?