Is movement of Anti Personnel Mines not possible?

I'm starting up the Le Desert scenario as a PBEM. Immediately I've discovered that I can not move the pre set Anti Personnel Mines.

To someone who would preview the map it would be a simple task to just walk around these fixed obstacles.

These mines are forward of the setup zone; but the TRP's which are forward of the setup zone can be moved.

Is there a trick to this or is this a bug?

I'm starting up the Le Desert scenario as a PBEM. Immediately I've discovered that I can not move the pre set Anti Personnel Mines.

To someone who would preview the map it would be a simple task to just walk around these fixed obstacles.

These mines are forward of the setup zone; but the TRP's which are forward of the setup zone can be moved.

Is there a trick to this or is this a bug?

Items that aren't in a setup zone can't be deployed by the player in the set up phase. That applies to everything not just mines. It's just the way the scenario designer set it up. There is no trick and it's not a bug. It's just the way it is baby ;). Oh, TRPs are the only exception to what I just said