Feature request about arty

from CMBN manual page 105:

"Assets which are engaged in a support mission are listed as “Busy”. In the

Support Panel, the top Parameter button for a busy asset says “Go to Spotter”."

Currently this works only for some units. Would it be possible to change things so that this "Go to Spotter" would be available for ALL units?

It would make finding the spotter much faster.

from CMBN manual page 105:

"Assets which are engaged in a support mission are listed as “Busy”. In the

Support Panel, the top Parameter button for a busy asset says “Go to Spotter”."

Currently this works only for some units. Would it be possible to change things so that this "Go to Spotter" would be available for ALL units?

It would make finding the spotter much faster.

Agree, totally. By the way, the "some" units are ones that would be authorized to call for that battery's fire.

Agree, totally. By the way, the "some" units are ones that would be authorized to call for that battery's fire.

Then why would you want to go to an unauthorized spotter, even if somehow that was possible? Something is missing in the logic here. How can a unit spot for fire from a battery it is not authorized to use?

:confused:

Michael

Then why would you want to go to an unauthorized spotter, even if somehow that was possible? Something is missing in the logic here. How can a unit spot for fire from a battery it is not authorized to use?

Let me rephrase: The units that are allowed to "Go To Spotter" are ones that are allowed to call on the asset. Units that are flatly denied that ability can't "Go To Spotter."

Yes.

I can't imagine it's an issue for WEGO players, but RT it's occasionally a pain when you're trying to micro a platoon for whatever reason and have to flip through six or seven units before getting to a guy who can actually turn off the fires.

As a WeGo player, I find the Go to Spotter thing very useful, but have only ever had to click on one HQ or FO unit to be able to "Go to", AFAICR. Then again, I don't get to use the really heavy stuff very often.