Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

ATG not limbering/moving?

Hi

Not sure if this should go here or in the Tech Support forum.

Been playing the Kamfgruppe Engel campaign and in one battle, I have an ATG that just seems to refuse to

a) move

B) limber up on to a HT or truck.

It has a full crew, is undamaged and not under fire.

File is below. See if it happens for you.

SPOLIER alert as it is just one battle in a campaign you may not have played.

ATG.bts

Not sure if all this is related to this as well:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/archive/index.php/t-103772.html

Bull

I've waited several minutes.

The idea was to see if others are experiencing the same issue with the saved file.

I'm getting a "file not found". Do you have dropbox? It might be better to store it in your public folder and provide a link... I haven't tried this myself, but I gather that's what the public folder's for.

The file isn't available so we can't look at it.

I often see ATG guns not doing what they are told, and several minutes go by before they actually unlimber and face where I want. Every time this has happened, it's because one of the team members is walking off on his own - out of synch with the rest of the ATG team.

If you see one of the ATG gun team members walking around on his own, it's best to simply wait until he makes his way back. If you try and give the whole team another move command to force him back faster, he'll still keep walking to the old waypoints first before going to the latest one. Best to sit there and wait it out, which can be quite painful.

One of my guns did this in a current PBEM I'm playing. It took about 7 minutes for my ATG team to finally get their sh*t together and unlimbered the gun.

MY apologies guys. :o I forgot to rename the file on the sever to ATG.bts. I have done so now and you can now download it.

I downloaded it, played it, and it works like it's supposed to.

It says in the ui that it takes 4.4 minutes to pack up, and that's about how long it took. After 4.4 minutes, they limbered up and started moving toward the truck.

I have not looked at this file. However, since eltorrente found it to work, I assume it was user error.

Lt Bull: look at the green UI which tells you what each man is doing. There should be some indicator there that the crew is packing up. (Of course, I could be totally mis-remembering this!)

Let us know...

Ken

Hmm...I was not aware that it would take 4.4min or that it was documented somewhere in the UI such that I would be aware of it. I will have a closer look for this information as I am unsure where it is documented.

Yes I did see that they were "Packing Up" but after waiting several minutes (turns) I guess my patience and expectations for how long it should take got the better of me and I came posting here.

The fact that I reissued the "move" to limber on the HT order after 2-3 min of the ATG apparently being "stuck in a Packing Up state" would have reset the clock on the Packing Up order each time making the ATG spend even more time in the "Packing Up" state.

I will try again with patience this time.

Thanks

Bull

Hmm...I was not aware that it would take 4.4min or that it was documented somewhere in the UI such that I would be aware of it. I will have a closer look for this information as I am unsure where it is documented.

IIRC that information is located right below the weapon's profile in the UI together with deployment time.

Michael