CMBO AAR

I played a couple of CMBO ME battles versus 'Priest' this past summer after some discussions on armour tactics. Attack - whats harder? Defending or attacking? has the background ideas/issues.

I finally got around to posting the first after-action report at Priest-Ron AAR and will post the second if interest is warranted.

It is a bit lengthy and I am new to web page stuff so all comments and feedback are welcome. Plus I hope to generate some more discussion on different approaches to tactics and strategies. Enjoy.

Ron

Well that was an excellent AAR Ron. I very much enjoyed it and it was illuminating to see how your devious mind works rather than just suffering the consequences of it smile.gif

One of the things that strikes me about the report, and you allude to it in your summary, is that you never seemed to be placed under any significant pressure. It will be interesting to see what it was like from Priest's "side of the hill".

If you ever fancy a game of BB drop me a line.

Joe

Hi Joe, Season's Greetings. I am glad you liked it. You will enjoy the second game also then, as the Brits with their tin-boxes will need all the deviousnous they can gather to overcome the iron Hun. smile.gif

I am involved in ROWIII which is due to start soon, once that is finished I would gladly accept a game.

Ron

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Ron,

I tried yesterday and today to look at your AARs, only to find the icons broken and useless on both occasions.

Regards,

John Kettler

Not sure what the problem is John but it is working fine from my end, and from the traffic others have still been able to view it also. Perhaps some settings on your browser?

Ron

• 1 month later...

I have updated the AAR site by adding the first 12 turns for AAR2 and included the movie file for Turn 12 to get a view from the other side of the hill. Hopefully I can complete the rest soon, thanks for the interest.

Ron

NIce job on the AAR's, they were both good reads. Hope to do some AAR's latter after a few more PBEM games. Only had 1 CMBO game so far, and 5 CMBB games. But the AAR's were nice and showed some good thing's to do, and some thing to avoid if possible.

Good job, keep up the great work.

Thanks for the kind comments SpineRipper. That is funny, I played several hundred games of CMBO before ever considering posting an AAR! Obviously I have lost the brashness and cockiness of youth! smile.gif

Anyways I have uploaded the next ten turns of AAR2, to turn 22 now.

Ron