Baekes Knight Cross

Hi Marc

Hhmm that's odd. Can you PM your email address or email me georgemc at blowtorchscenarios dot com please and I'll fire over the briefings. It's been out for years and that's the first time I've heard of this. I no longer have CMBB on my PC but at least can send you the briefings. Great to hear someone is still playing em though :)

We finished the map but with that script its a "no go" for germans. (sorry to say that)

Map is nicely done (as all the others) but giving the russian +800 points makes it unwinable for germans even if the player manage to hold ALL flags (worth 800 points) which is of course impossible.

18 T34, all veterans, vs 8 Pz. IVG and some crap Pz. IIIL/N is hard enough.

Hey George

Art first thank you for the missing briefings .

Now to that first Mission .

OK i got you . But KO,ing the russian entirely seems really a hell of a job .

But even if you kill all, you will loose a lot of your own troops and the russian get that 800 point bonus.

Anyway if it never ment to be balanced ....

Looking forward to part 2

Greets marc

Hi Mark

Yeah this action was against all the odds - he was awarded the Knights Cross for this action so it's not going to be run of the mill. FWIW all these battles were played H2H and are winnable as either side. Although the Germans have the harder time of it in the Knights Cross actions (as they did in RL). Our main aim was not balanced H2H ladder games but to recreate as best we could within CMBB the actual events. Whether they are winnable H2H did not mean any compromises in the design decisions just we worked hard within the design limitations using lot's of playtesting to come up with victory conditions that gave one side or the other a chance of winning regardless of what the actual RL result was like. Anyway - Viel Glück!