Can't Run Demo

I already have Combat Mission Normandy and the Commonwealth Pack installed and have not had any issues running it. Yesterday I downloaded the Fortress Italy demo but when I try to start it up the following message appears:

"Access to file c:\Program files\...\CM Fortress Italy Demo.exe"

TR/Crypt.XPack.Gen was blocked.

I have Avira antivirus free installed on my PC. Any help would be much appreciated

Set an 'exception' within your Avira security software. The file is NOT infected. This is a generic virus/trojan label that most likely indicates that Avira can't read the encryption within the file and generically labels it being infected (since some trojans have internal encryption).

Typically you can set an exception in Avira by going to:

Configure > Realtime Protection > Scan > Exceptions

Add an exception here for the CMFI Demo executable file 'CM Fortress Italy Demo.exe'. Once you close this up you may need to reboot the computer to see if Avira will actually pay attention to this exception. I've run into issues with Avira STILL referencing a file as being infected EVEN when it was listed in its exceptions list (not good...).

Thank you for the reply. I clicked on Real Time Protection then Configuration at the top right. It came back with the message:

For this page Expert Mode is Necessary

Do You Want to Activate Expert Mode Now

Anyway, enough to scare me away as I am no expert. I quess another option for me is to merely turn off Avira when I want to try the demo.