1938 Calm Before the Storm (Breakthrough)

1938 Calm Before the Storm v1.0

Now i have moved my mod from Global Gold to WW1 Breakthrough, most of it is the same as before but i have made a few hundred changes.

I have tried to remove some garrison and division units to have a little less units on the map also.

This mod is actually not much alternate history, most of the decisions/actions is historically or at least they where planned but not executed and then there are a few that is fantasy altogether. It happened a lot the year before the war started.

There also 2 more zip files to download and unzip the content into the Media catalouge.

Please enjoy and give feedback for improvements!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Played one year so not quite to Poland yet, and may be awhile before I get further into the campaign. I remember trying the campaign in Global War and enjoying the options to focus on building Germany for WWII.

Regards the Breakthrough Version (and assuming I installed all the files correctly:

The MAP is very detailed and the scale is enjoyable.

All the decision events are GREAT - particularly the maps and pictures. Brings the events to life, so to speak.

The turns work well, weekly in summer and two weeks spring and fall, but I wonder how the Russian War will feel, when the Russian used the Winter to launch their major campaigns.

Of note - I had trouble with the Czechoslovakia decision - for four turns in row it said Czech surrenders but they were not absorbed by Germany. Finally I just declared war and had a nice small campaign eliminating their army.

Again, thanks for the effort you put into this campaign.

Thanksd for the info, and i also like the media to bring it to life so to speak.

Strange about the Czech decision, so you chose go to war and not to annex it right? and that did not work?

Just kept getting the message Czech Surrenders but it never became German territory. Don't remember if a decision triggered it, but it started poping up four turns in a row so I simply declared war, fought for two weeks, captured the capital, and this time they really did surrender and become part of German territory.

Hey Cantona, long time Player of your campaign. Do you think there is ever going to be a faster playing version of your Mod? By that I mean less units on the board. I don't think by simply removing extra units would balance the game it would take more. A calm before the storm with 100 units for a major instead of 200 would certainly make for a faster playing game

Crispy, yes i know, but that would be difficult to remove half of all units, too much space and countries to cover, it would mean very open spaces if i had armies instead of corps, just to man the siegfried/maginot lines, so i do not think i will do that, but it would be very easy for any other modder to do it, feel free! :-)

1938 Calm Before the Storm (Breakthrough) v1.1

Switched flag for Anglo Egypt-Sudan

Added some scripts for Baltic countries to be reactivated after Germany conquers them

Added more pop-up scripts

Added a few pictures

Added and changed some strength scripts

Added some unit scripts

And more changes i forgotten about

Replaced many USSR units with the new Special forces army unit (very strong combat target data)

Removed some other countires units also (made other a bit stronger)

Changed build limits for majors (mostly reduced for garrisons and divisions)

Removed some units from the map

Changed cost and production delay for USSR special forces

Small updates on the media files also, you need to download and install the new files to now miss any media.