New file at the Repository: East Rising Campaign Scenarios 1-4 (2012-10-01)

** NOTE ** You MUST have all expansions! Marines, British and Nato!Here are the first 4 scenarios of my 12+ campaign, East Rising. I am posting them for you to play and offer feedback on so I can balance things and change things recommended by you. Scenarios 1, 2 and 3 are complete. Scenario 4 is still a work in progress... i.e. more AI work needs to be done, briefing text written and balance changes as well but it is fully playable so hopefully you can also offer some feedback on this one too.Any questions let me know.Todd(MalakieUSN)

More...

I took a look at the first scenario. Looks like a very interesting situation.

Can you include a link or name for the water mod you recommend? It takes time searching thru the repository and they may be more than one mod, so it's unclear which you mean.

I was initially confused as to how we are to figure out what crews go with which dismounted vehicles since some are not labeled and the vehicles are not grouped in platoon formations (do they not group in platoon formations on base?). eg: I found at least two "2nd Platoon HQ - Tank" crews. There is no indication which vehicles are theirs.

Then I realized that one is NOT ALLOWED to mount a crew in the wrong TANK (phew). However, one can mount ANY crew or unit into ANY other vehicle. So, that makes it hard to figure out which non-tank crew goes in which inf vehicle. In WEGO it would take ages to "try out" which crews fit in which vehicle. Any hints?

******* SPOILERS ******

I had the crews try to get to their vehicles in the first turn, but the barrage is devastating and most crews in the open were decimated in the first minute. It occurred to me that there is no reason they would move anyplace prior to the enemy attack, so it's best to leave em in place till the barrage is over. You might advise players that nobody would move until AFTER the attack starts. And then it's clear that running about in the open while shells are falling is suicide. (I even saw at least one enemy unit get creamed by their own barrage.)