SC WW I vs Global Conflict

So I am thinking about buying this game as I really like the Global Conflict Gold game. My only hesitation is that WW I was essentially a stalemate, is that the way the game plays out most of the time? Seems like it would be hard to conquer any countries and this game would be much more tactical? I would like some feedback from the Forum on this. Thanks

So I am thinking about buying this game as I really like the Global Conflict Gold game. My only hesitation is that WW I was essentially a stalemate, is that the way the game plays out most of the time? Seems like it would be hard to conquer any countries and this game would be much more tactical? I would like some feedback from the Forum on this. Thanks

I passed on this game twice but reading the forum was convinced to give it a try. I was very pleased with the scenario Race to the Sea. I imagined a long stagnant line of attrition type battles. Instead, there was considerable room to manuver and strategies to try.

I am now playing my first GC as the CP, and again the strategic options are considerable. The East Front has many gaps and I am perpetually starved for MPP's which means I cannot do everything I want. That alone adds so much replay value.

Throw in the Ottamans, Middle East, Balkans and areas to manuver are plentiful. The West Front does seem a bit stagnant but I am only up to August 1916 and have not been very agressive there.

I also like the naval war. Again not enough Mpp's to due everything.

The expansion is due out soon (Oct 1) and will only add depth to a very polished product.

I wish I had more time to play PBEM but need to wait until I learn some more.

Hope the above helps your decision.

First, in the west, there is the german race into and maybe even through Belgium.

In the east the desperate try to hold of the russians.

Several side quest, with Serbia, the Kaukassus, Iraq, Egypt & Palestine. And of course the naval war, with all sides having very large fleets.

It won't get boring, too much to do, too much to decide, lots of options.

It plays like a charm, don't miss it.

And it offers even a WW2 campaign (with the largest map of the ETO since SC2 Blitzkrieg).

If you liked SC Global Gold, go and grab SC WW1 with the Breakthough addon.

You will thank yourself for the purchase.

SCWW1 and soon "Breakthrough" are better. Reason? Essentially the maps are bigger. There is therefore much more room for tactical manouevre - and while GC is great grand strategy there is therefore an additional tough tactical layer to ww1 that is excellent.

And dont forget (if you are a ww2 junkie) that there is an excellent ww2 scenario for it. On this page is a ww2 AAR (labelled 1939 Storm Over Europe) we did a while back which will show you how much fun that is, even though the pacific front is not included. Storm over Europe is a scenario included in SCww1.