Follow command

poesel

Yes, I know this has been asked a bazillion times. But now we have moveable waypoints and this solves a problem.

What if a 'follow' command would copy the waypoints of another unit? You click on follow and then on another of your own units. The active unit would then get a copy of the waypoints of the other unit (absolute not relative). Then you had just to sort out the final waypoint (now possible) to avoid accidents.

Also copying the 'properties' (cover arc, pauses,...) of a waypoint would IMHO make sense.

Optional: make the last leg 4m meters shorter than the original. Obviously only possible if the last leg is >4m but useful for many cases.

Not the perfect solution but would reduce the number of clicks for convoys. Useful for vehicles and even infantry, both for Wego and RT.

I hope this will make it into some future version.

IIRC you can plot multiple moves for an entire formation at the same time. Then you can move the movable waypoints for each unit in the formation to keep em in whatever "battle formation" you want.

An auto battle formation however, would be useful. eg: "Line Abreast"; "V"; "Inverted V" etc.

I do like the idea of mass copying of pauses and targets in waypoints and the type of movement for a formation. That takes time manually.