CMPC Normandy 44 Operation announcement

I just wanted to give people a heads up on what Kuderian and i intend to do regarding our stalled H2H operation using PzC Normandy 44.

After an inspired suggestion by Kuderian regarding using mega maps to exploit the long range capabilities of the armour involved, especially the Firefly's, i have decided to build a 4 x 3 km map of an area of the operational map containing three of the five VL's as shown below:

BuronAuthiemap.jpg

We also intend to wait for the 2.0 version of CMBN to be released, as the cover armour arc will be necessary for both sides numerous AT assets.

I also intend to extend the operation to two days instead of one, thus allowing the inclusion of both sides June 8th reinforcements, which will give me access to a large amount of Panthers, at the same time the Canadians get 17 pounders, so the the pyrotechnics should be awesome :)

Also in the intervening time, i will be researching the historical situation to create an operation as close to reality as possible.

If anyone knows of any detailed maps of the villages in the above picture, or any publications containing them, i would be grateful if they could point me to them.

I picked up a copy of PCN44 :) . Fired it up and understand its a steep learning curve? Will give the tutorial a shoot this weekend.

Nice one, it's very user friendly so it shouldn't take you too long to pick it up.

I'm currently writing a new tutorial and set of rules for the CMPC system to allow umpireless H2H operational play.

The new rules will re introducing the PC fire and assault phases, so i can resolve any small scale combat outside of the VL areas, this reduces the number of CM maps needed to be built, which is necessary given the new increased sizes of the CM maps i will be using, it also allows artillery to be used at it's maximum ranges, which makes hills relevant at the operational level.

Noob, not sure if Pete has passed you these links to articles with aerial shots of some of your proposed battlefield as well as an aerial photo int shot or two:

http://www.wlu.ca/lcmsds/cmh/back%20issues/CMH/volume%208/Issue%203/Wilson%20-%20The%20canadian%20Role%20in%20Operation%20Charnwood,%208%20July%201944%20-%20A%20Case%20Study%20in%20Tank-Infantry%20Doctrine%20and%20Practice.pdf

http://www.wlu.ca/lcmsds/cmh/back%20issues/CMH/volume%204/Issue%201/Brown%20-%20The%20Capture%20of%20the%20Abbaye%20D%27Ardenne%20by%20the%20Regina%20Rifles,%208%20July%201944.pdf

You may also want to see if a local library has a copy of The Canadian Battlefields of Normandy. There are a few aerial shots to supplement and that excellent map you have.

Noob, not sure if Pete has passed you these links to articles with aerial shots of some of your proposed battlefield as well as an aerial photo int shot or two:

http://www.wlu.ca/lcmsds/cmh/back%20issues/CMH/volume%208/Issue%203/Wilson%20-%20The%20canadian%20Role%20in%20Operation%20Charnwood,%208%20July%201944%20-%20A%20Case%20Study%20in%20Tank-Infantry%20Doctrine%20and%20Practice.pdf

http://www.wlu.ca/lcmsds/cmh/back%20issues/CMH/volume%204/Issue%201/Brown%20-%20The%20Capture%20of%20the%20Abbaye%20D%27Ardenne%20by%20the%20Regina%20Rifles,%208%20July%201944.pdf

You may also want to see if a local library has a copy of The Canadian Battlefields of Normandy. There are a few aerial shots to supplement and that excellent map you have.

Thanks HR, Pete has sent me some good aerial photos, but the text looks like it's going to be really usefull :)