Fausts and TO&E

"I find it amazing that 32 HTs were used to tote around nothing but supplies, cooks, mechanics, etc. Since there doesn't seem to be any organic infantry, I suppose they were used to haul around the mortars or some bazooka teams. "

IMO, the Cav. Rec. Squadron had a lot of halftracks and supplies because:

1) Every battalion in a division is supposed to be self supportive, at least for a few days. Supplies for over 900 men for several days is A LOT of supplies. Since this unit only has 20 large trucks, that leaves the rest of the supplies are in halftracks, jeeps and trailers.

2) The Cav. Recce Squadron, since part of its job is to probe the enemy, may have lots of contact with the enemy. Usually, they are only to fight as much as they need to but sometimes unforseen circumstances arrise. This means the unit must be very self supportive in case they are cut off from the rest of the division.

Ken, FYI, those stats were from the WW2 Order of Battle and the TOE is from the US Army Handbook. check the earlier post for the authors.

I'm still working on the panzerfaust stuff but I did come across some more on US TO&E for around late 1944.

"The 2d Division, like most veteran divisions, had armed itself beyond the limits of approved tables of equipment. Nearly every rifle platoon, as a result, had AT LEAST two bazookas, so that team play to distract and then destroy the target tank was feasible."

(my emphasis)

Guest Big Time Software

Our TO&E will be the "official" thing for the most part. We have to do this because it is the only benchmark to use from unit to unit. If you want to simualte the "reality" of a particular unit, like with 2nd Division, all you have to do is give them a couple extra Bazooka teams. The use of captured weapons is not an option.

Steve