Bridge Problems

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and have a bit of a problem. Whilst playing the 'Courage and Fortitude' campaign I cant seem to get my tanks to the other side of the bridge

I use my Pioneers to blow the obstacles on my side of the bridge and then when I try to get them to go over the bridge to the enemy held side they wont go any farther than halfway across the bridge and stop.

No doubt this has been addressed before but any help would be greatly appreciated ... many thanks :-)

Good luck with C&F. It is a beast, and School of Hard Knocks the beastliest part of it.

Bridge pathing problems have, indeed, been discussed at length before. A forum search for Bridge Pathing should turn up what you need to know about vehicles and some infantry pathing issues.

Infantry don't usually seem to fail to cross a bridge. They may go over it, then back across the swamp below it, or not use the bridge when you want them to, but unless you've got half a squad stuck below the bridge, and the other team want to stay on the bridge, them stalling mid-bridge is rare.

dokken1212,

Welcome aboard!

In my experience, if you try to generate a path in the usual way for moving armor, something can and likely will go wrong, leaving you with armor trying to go through a bridge abutment or wall. I learned the hard way to make sure I was properly lined up so as to actually be aligned with the bridge, set a waypoint BEFORE the bridge begins and another AFTER it ends. This solved getting across the bridge, NOT the hip shooting Panther on the other side! I agree with Agua, but I'm not sure how critical the waypoint placement really is. Maybe what he says suffices. What I do know is that now my armor crosses the bridge smartly, rather than trying to drive through it.

Regards,

John Kettler