Victory location question

I am not so sure about that. I think that is an often used convention but there is nothing enforcing that. It could just be objective 1 and objective 2 witch is a convention I have also seen. In fact the scenario designer can make it what ever they like such as "North bridge" or "Town".

It is best to read the scenario briefing it should be clear what the values are. If this is a Quick Battle then the only way to be clear is to open the map in the editor and look at the objective values directly.

I am not so sure about that. I think that is an often used convention but there is nothing enforcing that. It could just be objective 1 and objective 2 witch is a convention I have also seen. In fact the scenario designer can make it what ever they like such as "North bridge" or "Town".

It is best to read the scenario briefing it should be clear what the values are. If this is a Quick Battle then the only way to be clear is to open the map in the editor and look at the objective values directly.

I think the stars only pop up in QBs, don't they? And there, the VLs are assigned values and the stars reflect them. For scenarios, you're quite right.

Do the stars above the victory locations = different amounts of points?

I'm about to start a large PBEM battle, and it has two victory locations. One of them has 1 star, the other has 2 stars. My opponent and I both aren't sure if they are worth the same.

You could fire up a scenario vs the AI on a map with multiple starred objs and declare a ceasefire. Then check out the values on the battle summary screen.

You could fire up a scenario vs the AI on a map with multiple starred objs and declare a ceasefire. Then check out the values on the battle summary screen.

The trouble with doing that is it spoils the scenario since it will also reveal all your opponent's forces. The most fun I have had playing this game was playing a good scenario double blind (i.e. neither player had played the scenario before).