Raiders CM Website at TGN

Howdy Guys,

It's me again:^),Dick Reece. The Raiders TGN website is going to be one smokin website,with hopefully lots of contributions from you guys.We'll have some red hot scenarios/campaigns that didn't make it to the CD,and we'll be posting new ones each month.More details regarding tournaments,unusual competitions for prizes,etc.will be forthcoming as they develop and we get the go ahead from the powers that be at TGN:^) This is your site guys,so get ready to rumble and keep your tanks buttoned up,it's coming atcha, soon after the new year!!! Helge, I'll try to do 424 when the EF version of CM is made:^) MarkEzra,my e-mail is now working,sorry about that,it was my old addy.You guys got thoughts ideas,suggestions for the website,scenario requests,map requests,historical articles you'd like researched and written,give me a holler,we're open to suggestions!! See you later,as a beta tester,I get the privilidge of playing early,and I'm in the middle of one hot battle now!!! I'd just like to say that no one other than the beta team,has truly seen what this game has to offer! It will absolutely blow the socks off anything else you've played!! The DEMO is just a tantalizing taste,a mere morsel,the best is yet to come,and it will leave you shakin and sweatin at night,wonderin how you're gonna stop that fierce AI counterattack,and get that *%$#*!@! M-18 Hellcat that's taken out three of your Panthers!!! Get ready guys,CM is the new genre,it is the King of Wargames,coming home to Roost,it will cause you to lose sleep,and you'll love every minute of it!!!

Warmeister

Captain-CM scenario design team

Wild Bill's Raiders

TGN-The wargamers heaven on earth

------------------

Guest John Maragoudakis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The DEMO is just a tantalizing taste,a mere morsel<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really? Can you say more on how different it plays/feels? Are there things in that we are not aware of?

CMHQ is the TGN CM Website,run by MadMatt and Fionn Kelly.The Website I'll be hosting is the "Wild Bill's Raiders" CM Webpage if you will.I can't really point out to you at this early stage how they will differ,because a lot of the ideas for the Raiders webpage are still being formulated.They are meant to enhance one another,with The Raiders site basically being a "Raiders Comnbat Mission scenario design HQ".So there'll be no competition between websites or anything like that,unless at some later date a friendly team game between the Raiders site and CMHQ site or something similiar is suggested,etc.Mainly though the Raiders site will concentrate on scenario and campaign design,maps,[hopefully maybe getting a library of real maps in the offing?]historical articles,tournaments,etc.I am open to any ideas and suggestions,after all,it is a wargamers site,I am merely the enthusiastic appointed host,If any of you have suggestions for the site,what you'd like to see,etc., please tell me,and I'll communicate your wishes to TGN and we'll keep our fingers crossed and see what happens:^)Look at it this way,two sites devoted to the undoubted wargame of the year is way better than one!! LONG LIVE COMBAT MISSION!!

Dick

Guest Madmatt

Just to echo slightly what has already been said above. This is no way changes CMHQ or our commitment to Combat Mission. Those of you that have been around a while know what kind of work Wild Bill and his Raiders do and this new site from them can only increase the quality of Combat Mission as a whole plus will help to spread the word about this great product.

Just to let you know though, we at CMHQ havent been sitting on our haunches for the last few months, we have many new things in the works and once CM is released expect an explosion of New Sections and Exclusive Features! We gotcha covered! Count on it! wink.gif

Madmatt out..Hmmmm challenge match between Fionn and I vs. Wild Bill and the Raiders...now THATS an idea.... smile.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-25-99).]

<Madmatt out..Hmmmm challenge match between Fionn and I vs. Wild Bill and the Raiders...now THATS an idea.... >

The 2 of you against the Raiders team?,hardly fair to the Raiders:^)hehe........

Seriously,I was referring to a possible team game between a team representing CMHQ,and another representing the CM Raiders website,not neccessarily composed of Raiders and/or CMHQ staff,but maybe teams selected at random from the wargaming populous,with prizes in the offing,etc. Just an idea,not even tabled or approved at TGN-but this is the kind of fun thing we can do in cooperation with one another to enhance the pleasure of playing a game as unique as Combat Mission is.

Dick

Let me set a point of clarification on the CM Site at the Raiders.

We are not in any way in competition with MadMatt or the great work he is doing. If you really want to see a bang-up job of a website, updated almost daily (and the game ain't even out yet!) that is the place to go.

The graphics, articles and Matt's hard work really shine.

What Dick "Warmeister" Reece will be doing on the Raider site is complementing and adding another dimension to coverage of the game.

Not trying to steal the Warmeister's thunder, but he has told me that as soon as the game is published, he'll be offering scenarios and operations right from the start.

Matt is devoting his site to a deeper understanding of what CM is, what it includes, and what it can do.

Our focus will be scenario design implementing all of the features found at CMHQ. That is the goal of the Raider Combat Mission corner.

To be honest, I look for dozens of smaller sites to pop up everywhere once the game goes gold. And that is good, as it should be.

Our purpose, as it has always been, is to provide top notch scenarios for the game. There will be other features too, but all geared to scenario and operation design.

So why not enjoy both? There will be plenty to find at both sites. We support Matt and Fionn all the way in their efforts.

And be assured, Warmeister will do a great job at the Raider site on this same theme.

It is a "gung ho" spirit, I promise you!

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

Guest Madmatt

Thanks for the kind words Bill! smile.gif

By the way CMHQ IS updated daily! wink.gif

Also one last clarification (and an important one!) please understand that while I post the updates on the news page and most of the Annoucements here on the Forum, CMHQ is a joint project! Without Fionn Kelly, I would still be a relative nobody in the Combat Mission world. CMHQ is every bit his vision as mine and there isn't a section there that hasn't benefited from his vast resource of knowledge and willingness to share said knowledge. Well, except for the Lil Tanks in the Links section! wink.gif

CMHQ is my first foray into web design and certainly my first effort in supporting a game in such a style. I am quite lucky to have the chance to work with someone who has the professional attitude and commitment that Fionn has. One other thing that is above and beyond all these other qualities I have mentioned: Fionn is my friend, and a higher honor I can't bestow...Although he might have a slightly different take on that... wink.gif

As to the web page that Wild Bill has mentioned, let me say this. In the very short time I have been involved in the Combat Mission world, Wild Bill has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome and appreciated! ANYTHING that bears his name, I can assure you, will be of the highest quality and the entire CM Community will benefit from this venture. Not to forget that the other people that make up 'The Raiders' are some of the best scenario designers in the business, so I for one, can't wait to see what type of goodies these guys cook up in the future!

Now I do like the idea of a little challenge match though....No teams playing for my honor though no no...Just me and Fionn baby...Me and Fionn smile.gif

Take care and to those of you that love Combat Mission...It is a very bright future indeed!

Madmatt...spreading the love since 1911

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Quality, professionalism, focus and fun...The Hallmarks of any Raider page...These same qualities are abundant in CMHQ....Matt and Fionn have done a great job...The idea a a match between the Raiders and CMHQ sound great...Love both sites...But I'm a Raider through and through!

Guest Captain Foobar

Well, I appreciate anyone's efforts to make the game of CM more accessable, and more of a web community, so to all of you working towards CM websites and projects, A HEARTY THANKS!!!!

Foobar

Though I have not yet talked with Matt and Fionn (and you are right, Matt, Fionn and you make quite an internet team!), I am hoping that we can crosslink the sites.

That way when you are visiting one, a quick click and you're at the other one. I think this will enhance the coverage of CM even more. Its gonna be fun. And Thank you for the vote of confidence, my maniacal friend...

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

The Gamers Net

One more thing and I'll put this theme to rest. Warmeister is in charge of the CM section on the Raider Site. He is an outstanding member of the Raider Team. He has done numerous scenarios and maps for Steel Panthers and other games.

He also plays a mean PBEM game for those interested. Dick has great ideas for the CM-Raider site as you have noticed and he will do that and more. You're gonna like what you find there.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

The Gamers Net

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 12-26-99).]

Guest Madmatt

Hehee have you already forgotten my patened pointy eared PlasmaSchrek armed Vulcanjaegers?

pointyears.jpg

Madmatt out and quite manaical! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-26-99).]

Hey WB,OK,so it's me and you,against the Axis bullies {BSG}? I just happen to have in my PC pocket, the most perfectly balanced,never before seen Tournament scenario.This one is very equal,extremely and painstakingly balanced, a meeting engagement that should decide the issue nicely!! That's all I'm gonna say.What say we set this little meeting engagement up for the game's release,and post a blow by blow AAR at each site for each side ? I just got finished designing this one,and I am really proud of it.It should play nicely as a Tournament scenario.

Dick

Dick

------------------

Hmm, so long as there are some BIG German tanks in it for the German player ( as you know I far prefer playing as the Germans) then I'm ok with that wink.gif.

Matt and I vs the world.. Almost makes me feel sorry for the world wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

CM is an infantry game first,Tanks are just icing on the cake.This is a special scenario,evenly matched all the way across the board.The Germans have one tank,and so does the US.The Germans Have a Porsche driven KonigsTiger,so if the US has the equivalent.................:^)

It is a fun scenario,and me and WB ain't the world,just 2 members of it and the Raiders team:^)

------------------

Go for it!!

We’ll all be howling from the sidelines!

We need blood to satisfy our cravings!

Oh, and a balanced infantry scenario (hopefully in challenging terrain) would be a treat after having seen the armour in "Heavy Metal".

Good bit of entertainment on the way to the final release smile.gif

M.

Dick,

Either there's mucho tanks or we go all-infantry wink.gif.

What do you say? I like my killing up close and personal... Have the guts to go toe to toe with me you snivelling wretch you wink.gif hehe ?

Let the taunting begin you yellow-bellied swamp dweller.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

First off,I live in the Almost Heaven Mountains of West Virginia,not swampland,you dadblasted flatlander:^)This is God's country,just get lost in these mountains hunting one time and you'll know exactly what I mean!:^)

Secondly,the scenario is already written,and is very nice and fun to play.There is a company of infantry on each side,with a platoon of engineers attached to each as well,and their are reinforcements in the form of another platoon of infantry and engineers for each side halfway through the scenario,which is 26 turns long.Their is a rather large hill with an objective flag on top located exactly between both forces:^).What's wrong with only one tank per side? Let's plan this for when the game goes Gold.............you and Matt against me and Wild Bill,and may the fastest mouse win:^)

The swamp/mountain dwelling warmeister

------------------

God's country? Ah I bet the Devil just didn't want it. Too rotten for him, just like the people in it wink.gif

As for the scenario.. well, whoever loses their tank will be at a huge disadvantage. I think it'd be more even to play the game with only infantry since then there won't be one side with a tank which can run rampant.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Ohhhhhhh,I see,but that's whats meant to happen:^).Armor,or the lack of it,sways the battle in this scenario.I apologize,I thought I was speaking with a first class tanker:^)my mistake<BSEG>.I see now why you like scenarios with lots of tanks, one just ain't enough if you don't know how to use it:^)[hehehe]

the swampdwelling/mountain dwelling horned Warmeister:^)

Oh, I see that the challenge is well and truly set.

Ok Dick, I'll play a scenario you create so long as both sides have FULL disclosure (we both get to look in the editor etc so you don't have an unfair advantage) and that Matt gets to play Bill so I get to humiliate you wink.gif.

Just to make this a litle interesting what sort of forfeit would a low-down, dirty swamp-rat think are suitable in a game of this nature ?

------------------

Fionn Kelly