Hints & Tips anyone

Loved the tutorial - didn't teach me enough about targeting.... Anybody want to start off hints and tips?

How does anyone get to hit German armour with bazooka team(s) ? I've been 10 Feet away in a building and the armour just drives past with no shots taken.

Not sure I have the LOS/targeting sussed out yet ....:-(

Great game though!

D.

My tips are:

Don't fire through bocage as 9/10 times you'll just hit the trees.

Bazooka teams are best placed around a corner or edge of a hedgerow, waiting to ambush at 20 m or less.

Good luck taking out a Panzer, often you'll end up doing no damage with a bazooka team. They are good for taking out troop transports though, nothing like ambushing a transport full of infantry :)

Agreed that taking out a halftrack full of troops is satisfying! But if you're careful, you can take out panzers, too.

Bazooka teams will fire from within buildings. They need enough time to acquire the target and take a shot. So, for example, if they have limited LOS to a small break in hedgerows, and a panzer rolls past that break, they will posture and aim at it, but it might roll back out of LOS before they have time to finish lining up and take the shot. They will not attempt to fire through thick obstructions like bocage, since the chance of success is nearly zero (but not quite).

Therefore, it's critical to position your teams so that they will have not only LOS to a target, but also enough time to actually take a shot. Sometimes you can use other forces to slow down advancing targets for this purpose.

If you use the Hide command, a bazooka team won't fire until a target is within 30 meters or so, unless they are, themselves, under fire.

Thanks for the added info. To me, it makes it all the more apparent that the only thing this great iPad port needs is a piece of written documentation where all this nice and needed info is in one place somehow linked to the game as is traditionally done. Maybe just my old ways but it's nice for me to have a reference in some form for such a deep game.

michael

I have a few tips.

The best strategy to for tank warfare, is splitting your enemies' targets. If you have two tanks, and your enemy has one, split your two tanks far apart. The enemy can only target one tank at a time.

A good strategy for playing with American tanks, get close, and flank 'em. Keep enemy Panzers from moving too far out, as they have better guns.

• 1 month later...

I just started playing yesterday and relatively get my arse kicked every time. With bazookas, I suppose they're way more effective at ambushing. For example, in the Crossroads map (the one in the tutorial), if you put bazooka teams in buildings, anticipating the assault of German tanks, the tanks will probably spot the bazookas, outside of the AT range, and blast the building(s). But if you were to put them in the street, concealed by the hulk of buildings, and fire once the halftracks/tanks enter on the top left side of the town, you can probably take out a couple.

As a side note, in that same scenario, if the enemy armor and vehicles bunch up at that entrance, you may have your outnumbered tanks gain a big advantage by having them move up the flanks of the town and hit the German vehicles and tanks from behind and sides. However, this is assuming that they don't leave some tanks far outside the town-cause then they'd spot your flanking tanks and take them out probably.