Resistance and Liberation (realistic WWII shooter free mod) 2

PLM2

I've posted about this before maybe 2 years ago.

I thought it might interest some of you, especially Combat Mission types because it's a game bent on realistic infantry combat.

The community is much more active than before but we have problems with player quality. A lot of young players and IMO the low quality and lack of competitive clans has a lot to do with the drop in quality.

I've had a server for about a year, I am very active and have been since 2005, before the first versions were even released and helped "beta" test the original Alpha release.

I'm 26, I'm an Army vet and I am very good at the game.

The game touts a suppression system and such, however if you ask me the system does not work very well, there are lots of defects. But the developers are willing to learn and change things on feedback. Development has slowed down to about a patch a year and I'm concerned about the concept being lost if things don't change.

There's absolutely no HUD, no death messages, no crosshairs, no score even. Damage is fairly realistic. The voice chat is local and 3D, louder the farther away. You can hear enemy talk if they are within range too. Sometimes a single pistol round will drop you. If you are familiar with Red Orchestra, its what RO should have been more like. It's nothing near perfect but its better than anything else out there. So if you can imagine yourself playing a shooter...

I could really use mature players who are willing to learn and some time to play.

This is the website www.resistanceandliberation.com

If you install steam -> it should have an option to install "SDK Base 2007" or something similar. That is the engine given away for free which the mod requires.

This is my steam profile. If you are interested, let me know here because I get lots of people adding me as a friend which I ignore.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Poorlaggedman/

A lot of servers have reduced spawn times and are very lenient on banning trolls. So you will get a totally different experience on some servers as others. Unfortunately you often might not have a choice as there is typically 1-2 full servers at most.

Is RO2: DH even out yet?

RO2 has been an unmitigated disaster from what everybody I hear from. When it first came out, there was a massive migration from RnL to RO2. Then it tapered off and people started coming back. Next thing I know, refugees from RO2 who never played RnL are coming.

I half downloaded the RO2 free weekend from recently. And I was told its not worth finishing the download. Since it was 10GB I didnt

RnL is obviously unfinished, but once you play for a bit, you don't notice that anymore.

Other news in the world of multiplayer WW2 shooters: the beta for Heroes and Generals just started. Which if you don't know is a F2P shooter that is going for a persistent strategic level elements along with FPS gameplay including tanks/aircraft. I haven't been able to play the actual game yet due to servers going down all weekend, but I was able to look through the campaign map and out of battle stuff and it looks very nice.

There is a massive network of battle locations across all of Western Europe/Germany and all the way to London. The map itself stretches from North Africa and the Middle East to Russia and parts of the Nordic countries. It's cool to imagine one day being able fight across the whole thing with various nationalities. Each account can only play for one side and you can only have a limited number of classes (like Machine Gunner, Pilot, Rifleman) that you upgrade with better gear but you can always play with the default gear for all of them. Lots of good ideas here.

Finally got to play a bit and it's surprisingly good. The maps are as big as the largest combined forces ones from RO1 while the weapons are slightly less lethal, which makes for pretty good gameplay. Bicycles and jeeps/kubelwagons are scattered around so you don't have to walk all the time. It's still rough around the edges but there are some great effects like the ears ringing sound when near an explosion, and how tall grass renders for hundreds of yards, so you can actually hide in it.